Monday, August 4, 2008

Zoo Day

Yesterday we visited the zoo and had lots of fun.  This was the first time I had been to this zoo in at least 15 years.  The zoo has changed a lot and it is about 3 times bigger than it was before.  In the four hours that we were there we only saw a little less than half than the zoo.  The girls and my friends boys all had a great time together.  My double running stroller was a nightmare in the crowded narrow paths and my arms are sore from it so my lesson is that I will bring another stroller next time.


kids at zoo
Last week we had a science lesson about the sun and what it does to our environment, to our bodies and to the plants.  After that discussion we decided to see if the sun could make smores. We made a pizza box an oven (Family Fun magazine idea) and baked the smores in it.  The chocolate melted beautifully but the marshmallows did not melt well but they still made tasty treats.  

smores

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
- Going to the zoo with my best friend and her children. 
- A generous mom giving me a buy one admission/get one free admission coupon
- A zoo employee finding my lost wallet on a water ride.
- Seeing Nathan excited to see me when I come home (saying Mama) only to reach down and     give him a hug and him say "wawa" (wanting my water bottle, not me). 
- Seeing Nathan give Julianne and Mallory a hug after not being with them for awhile.
- D saying that he missed me from being gone all day the previous day.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Fun day!

I love the tidbit about Nathan wanting the "wawa." That is so Adeline. But then she'll be super-sweet and actually give hugs and kisses too.

Cool blog, Lady! I do like the look and layout of Blogger better than Livejournal. I'm just a little addicted to the communities on Livejournala nd have actually made some good friends through it. It's weird to talk about my "online friends" though. :)

I'm going to go respond to your email now! :)