Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of school

Today was Julianne's first day of 1st grade. She was a little sad or I guess she was really upset. She cried and did not want me to leave. It was hard to drop her off. I felt really bad that she was so emotional. I think it was a combination of her not knowing as many kids as she had in Kindergarten and her going all day instead of just in the afternoon. The teacher wrote us an e-mail during the middle of the day and said that she was doing well and participated in class so that was good to hear.

Mallory missed her during the day. She was recording messages on Julianne's little recorder and she said, "I love Julianne and I hope that she comes back". We only explained to her last night that Julianne would be going to school all day almost every day and I think she was a little worried. So it will be an adjustment for her also. She was pretty quiet all day and pretty much played by herself. So we will see how she does. I think it will get better when she goes back to school which is a couple weeks after Labor Day.

Nathan of course was unchanged by it and pretty much played well with Mallory. So they will probably become good buds during this year.

The night before a neighbor girl came over and I dried her hair and flat ironed it and then she flat ironed the girls hair. So we had fun getting ready for the first day of school.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-having D there with me while dropping off Julianne at school
-knowing that Julianne worked through her sadness and had fun at school
-eating fresh tomatoes and cheese from the farmers market
-seeing Nathan sleeping

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me mist up a little, I don't know why. I guess because your girls are growing up (which means Adeline's growing up) and are so sweet. Just picturing Mallory recording those messages - too cute.

And how sweet are you to do hairdos with the neighbor girl! Great picture!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Hope Day #2 went even better. She looks so cute in the pictures!