Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We have a doctor in the house

Yesterday D received his Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology diploma. He has been waiting for this day for a long time. He has worked 4 long years on this degree. This includes going to school full time for three years and working at his internship for one year. Within this time he completed and defended his dissertation. This is a great accomplishment in itself but when you add to that having two newborns in the house, three children all together and a wife that is extra work to an already hectic lifestyle.

Reasons why I am very proud of my husband:
1. He discovered what his passion was and figured out how to achieve it.
2. He attended school full time and worked part-time one and sometimes two jobs in order to gain more experience and to pay for his school.
3. He studied nights while we were asleep
4. Overcame university bureaucracy
5. Discovered a lot about himself along the way
6. Grew from bad experiences
7. Finished what he started

The best thing about him getting his degree is that he will be able to do something that he is passionate about and talented in. He truly is a gifted psychologist and I know that from personal experiences:)

So when you see him for now on make sure you address him as Dr. D. (S I told you not to tell people to call me Dr. D)

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing D excited about getting his diploma
-knowing that D does not have to worry anymore about what holdups there are to getting his diploma
-spending alone time with Mallory

3 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Congrats D!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mr (oops, I mean Dr) D. HA HA ! That's what I will call you - Dr. D!!!
Love K

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

You are an extraordinary woman, mother, wife, and human being. Everything you have done for me over the past two weeks has shown me how much you care, love, and support me. I am the luckiest man!!! I hope you know how much I appreciate your efforts and all that you do for our family and for me. You have taught me how to be more accepting of other's love and gratitude AND have taught me that I'm really not alone in this world. Thank you for teaching me how to be a better man, father, husband, and human being.

Love Always,

Dwight