Sunday, August 24, 2008

Camp out

Friday night we camped out in our backyard. We pitched the tent, grilled out, made smores and even played some games in the dark (ghost in the graveyard). It was a great night and one that we hope to duplicate at least annually. The girls slept in the tent with their father and I "had" to sleep with Nathan in the house. I really do like to go camping but if I know that my bed is steps away I would rather sleep there. Plus someone had to sleep in the house with Nathan so I offered to do that. I had a great time since we did not have to pack everything and the house was convenient for food, bathrooms, electricity and other essentials for young children.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Mel even enjoyed the leftover marshmallows bits.

The girls new favorite toy is Bakugans which are little toys that are "small spheres magnetically morph into powerful Bakugan warriors when they roll onto the real metal Gate Cards". They basically are balls that when you put them on a metal cards they pop into an animal. There is a game associated with them of which I have not figured out nor have the girls. The girls just pretend play with them right now so we will see. As Julianne would say they are boy toys, but she really wants them. It is funny that since she is back in school she is discovering the new toys plus all the neighborhood kids have them so the girls wanted them. Mallory is even in the mix. The girls bought some on Friday with their own money and then Dwight took them today to get another one, with their own money. They were actually sold out of two Targets so they ended up buying some mini polly pockets. Crazy Bones was the latest craze this summer and now it is Bakugans. I have gotten over the fact that I really did not want them to have brand name trendy toys. We set a good foundation while they were younger with generic pretend toys and now they still really love those toys so I am OK with letting them buy, within reason, toys that they want to buy with their own money.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing the girls faces when we completed the tent
-having a fire pit in our backyard for roasting marshmallows for smores
-seeing the rain after 20+ days without it
-spending quality time with the family

No comments: