I have analyzed my son's lovable behavior with myself and have come to the conclusion that he is very possessive of myself and does not want anyone else to snuggle with me but yet he does not want to snuggle with me. My son is not very snuggly or huggy. He loves to play, be active, observe, be in the action, etc. so he does not really have the time or want to snuggle with me or anyone else. It is really hard to even get through a few pages of a board book with him because he will look at it and then after a few pages he starts to want to throw the book. My husband and I have done studies (our own experiments not real ones) with him to test different hypothesis and we have discovered that he does not want to snuggle with me however, he does not want anyone else to give hugs or snuggle with me. We have had the girls on me hugging and he yells at them and tries to pull them off of me and then I pick up him and he stays with me for about 10 seconds and then he wants down. If the girls return to their hugging positions he immediately starts acting up again. this is the same when Dwight and I are hugging. He cries and tries to move my hand off of him and then I go to hug him and he really does not want anything to do with me.
It is so funny to do these little experiments on him and or other children. I remember we used do these experiments with Julianne and she would love to be held by me and to give me hugs and kisses and would not like it if Dwight tried to hug myself or her. So it is just fun to see how they are different. I remember that Mallory did not really care either way. We love all our children and their different personalities and I think that discovering/predicting/analyzing our children's personalities is great joy of being a parent. When all my children were babies I always wondered how they would act and now they are at the point where I generally know their personalities and I know that these will change over time and through different situations.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-getting a close parking spot at our gym.
-watching great dancing on television.
-seeing Julianne bring herself out of an uncontrollable emotional state.
-having a great next door neighbor who is a very nice person and a good parent.
1 comment:
Welcome to blogger! Like your look...
I forgot to give you the toothbrush I bought you...remind me! :) Good to see you all today.
Post a Comment