Sunday, August 10, 2008

Smashed Thumb

On Friday Julianne smashed her thumb (Yes, the one she sucks) while getting her bike out of the garage.  I was on the phone and she asked me if she could get her bike and I told her yes.  The next thing I know she is screaming her head off, a scream that I don't hear very often.  Our step ladder was on a hook above her bike and it had fallen off and smashed her thumb.  The nail is cracked toward the bottom and the nail was off when she first smashed it.  I does not look too bad so I don't know if the nail will stay on or fall off.  So she has had some adjustments at night not being able to suck her thumb.  She tells us that she can't fall asleep when she really does.  She started looking at books before bed last night and I think that might have helped.  So we will see what happens.

Julianne's thumb

In the car today Nathan kind of said "mom where's fire".  We saw a fire truck drive by and we were talking about it and then he said that sentence.  Which is his first sentence and he did not say it again so he may not have said it but Julianne said that is also what she heard.  I was shocked to hear him say that.  He really only says some single words and cries; he is not even close to saying sentences so it was funny and shocking.  Like right now he is crying at the freezer because he wants a dicle.  

Nathan's eczema has been kind of bad lately.  It may be because of the weather and leaving the windows open, he had Doritos the other day, or he had a bite of my cereal with milk.  So who knows?

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-perfect weather days
-leaving my windows open in the cooler weather
-hearing Julianne improve in her reading skills
-getting yeast to work for our pretzels

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Julianne! I'd scream too. Your heart must've jumped out of your chest when you heard her scream like that.

Adeline's not talking in sentences either, but supposedly she said, "The bookshelves look very nice," a couple weeks ago at daycare. Ha ha!