Yesterday my mother-in-law took the children to spend the at her house. They love going to her house and we like it when they go. They do not spend the night at her house too often. It is probably one night every few months. It is nice to be in our house without our children. I sat around all day and watched TV and did some much needed sewing. I made three
Sock and Glove animals. I made one elephant, one pig and one sad dog. Well actually they are not done yet but the major sewing is complete. All I have to do now is to add the details and sew the arms/legs on. I cleaned the house, got laundry done and enjoyed the quiet in the house. We picked them up by lunch and went to my dads for his birthday. The girls always enjoy themselves there since they get to jump on the trampoline, swim in the "pool", and play with their cousin Caitlyn and Andrew. Julianne asked on our way home if we could get a trampoline and I said "heck no". So it will just have to be a special treat for them when they go to grandpa and grandma Marci's.

Here are the girls on the trampoline.

The girls in the "pool".

The girls after the "pool" trying to warm up on the stones.

Here is Nathan with his cousin Andrew. Andrew fell off the couch while on vacation and broke his arm.

Here we are singing happy birthday to dad.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
- my mother-in-law willing and able to take the kids for the night.
- running with Dwight on our day off.
- getting my kids back after a day off.
- catching up on my sewing projects.
- the girls seeing a pretty sunset and talking about what they see and why it is pretty to them.
2 comments:
That sounds like a great weekend! I love the action shots of the girls on the trampoline. And, I agree with "Heck, no!" :)
Go you with the craftiness! I'll definitely send you that bag pattern. I brought it to work so I can make some more copies.
Happy Monday! (Booooo!) :)
What's a "pool?" I don't get it?
Sounds like a good weekend. Did I tell you I met up with Carrie C. this weekend for lunch...let's catch up soon.
Post a Comment