Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain Stick

I had a great idea, well actually I have seen it on another blog, when I saw the container that D received his diploma in. It was a cylinder and it would make a great rain stick. So Mallory and I put some rice in it, closed it and then hammered some nails in it. Then Mallory painted it. It really does sound like those expensive rain sticks sold in the stores. I think that a longer tube would work better so I may go to a packaging/mail store and buy one for Julianne. The project was a great success and Mallory had fun hammering the nails in and painting it. It is always a great feeling when a project I think of actually works or is successful. I have led too many science projects that either did not work or were not much fun for the kids or for myself. This was a great success and will definitely do it again for Julianne.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have finally finished my sock and glove animals. More importantly than finishing these animals is that I get to start on my new purse.
Photobucket
These are the newest addition to my animal collection. These are going to homes with new babies.
Photobucket
The animals on the left are the girls. It includes two monkeys and one dog. The girls like their animals but they love the new animals and tried to trade their old animals for the new animals but I told them they could not trade. These new animals were already taken.
Photobucket
This is the fabric that I am using for my Lantern Bag. Katie what do you think? I am going to use the paisley fabric for the main panel, the light brown for the inside pleats and the dark brown for the top and straps. I will let you know how it is going.

A side note. The tooth fairy forgot to come again that first night and she finally made it the next night. Julianne lost her other tooth today in school so she got a tooth necklace from the school nurse and the tooth fairy will not forget tonight!!!

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
- a cool rainy day
-reading a note that Julianne left for me at parent night
-seeing Julianne's face today when she came home with the tooth necklace from the school nurse (she has been wanting a tooth necklace from the school nurse since she first started loosing her teeth)
-having a lunch with D and more importantly having good conversation

No comments: