Sunday, August 31, 2008

OSU game

Yesterday the girls, D and I went to our first OSU game of the season. This was the girls first game ever. They really had a good time watching the band, cheerleaders and hearing the loud noise from the game. They both dressed in scarlet and grey and knew how to sign O-H-I-O. We had to leave the game early so that D could take the girls camping down at my brother-in-laws land. They had a great time and got muddy and got to stay up late. They said that it rained which surprised me but it was actually the dew on the ground. Nathan and I had a really relaxing day spending some quality one on one time together. He is so active and loves to jump into my lap then immediately get up since he does not sit very long at one time. On Sunday morning we played in my bed and he was not into cuddling or snuggling. He was into to trying to get the fan pull or jumping onto me while I laid down. Needless to say we did not stay in the bed for too long.

For labor day we are just unpacking, de-cluttering and cleaning. D goes back to work tomorrow after his two week hiatus. It will be hard to readjust to not having him around so much. The girls will also miss him. I know that he is ready to go back to work but he will also miss all the action at home.

It would be great if we could live in an ideal world where we both get to work part-time jobs, share child rearing responsibilities, and get to really spend more quality time together. I think that society would be much happier if dad's could spend more time at home, mom's had more access to professional part-time jobs and children got to see more shared parenting. It is too bad that our society is too serious and that working more than full time is considered prestigious. I would love to live in Italy where "holiday" is at least 4 weeks and the pace is a little slower and not so orientated toward production and making money.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-spending alone time with Nathan
-D wanting to go camping with the girls and having fun with them
-seeing the girls when they get home
-participating in a great Labor Day Yoga class

No comments: