Thursday, August 21, 2008

Julianne is adjusting well

Julianne had a good day at school. She went to school with our neighbor today and I am sure that that helped. The children are allowed to come to school 10 minutes early and play on the playground so that is what they did this morning. She had a good day and is slowly learning her new classmates names. So it seems like the first day sadness and crying has subsided and she is enjoying school. She had homework on Wednesday and Thursday. It was only drawing a picture about the first day of school and what she did over the summer so it was not too much but she does she really need to have homework? I don't think so. So we will see if it just getting the year started or if it is really going to be a daily occurrence.

Nathan is also enjoying my computer. He goes over to it once a day and plays with it and usually starts laughing. I think he likes the screen saver and then he likes moving the mouse. So today I got him in action. Aren't these pictures cute?
Photobucket
Photobucket
He also tried on Mallory's shoes and put them on correctly. He was so proud of himself.
Photobucket
Dwight was off of work this week so my neighbor and I went to the gym this morning, laid by the pool and then went shopping for fabric for a purse I am going to attempt to make. It was great to get out of the house and to have good conversations with a new friend. She was a great help in picking out the fabric for my purse. My friend Katie gave me the pattern so hopefully I will be able to make it soon. I am still trying to complete my sock and glove animals first before I start anything new. I have a tendency to get very excited about new projects, work on them for awhile and then start on something else before I finish the older project. So I am concentrating on getting the animals done first then work on the purse.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-having good uninterrupted conversations
-picking up Julianne from school and seeing her run toward my car
-being able to preserve memories through journaling, photography and video
-seeing the girls pretend play together

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

That first picture is adorable.

What is the purse all about? I would love to see what the pattern is like, or the finished product.

Let's talk soon!