Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Updates

I officially think that Julianne has given up her thumb sucking habit. Her nail has fallen off and the thumb has healed (see picture below). Her nail bed is at the bottom of the nail and skin fills the rest of where the nail was. It looks kind of wired and scary but it does not hurt her and it will grow back, I think.
Photobucket
Julianne also has two gaps in her teeth where her last two teeth have fallen out. She has lost 8 teeth so far which I think is a lot. There are some kids in her class which have not lost any teeth yet. I don't really know when the other teeth will fall out. So we will see. We went to the dentist a couple days ago and at her next appointment they will put sealants on her back molars. these are the ones that are permanent.
Photobucket
Our neighbor girl came over the other day and got into our chalk and made everyones name on our driveway. It was interesting because Julianne quickly filled in all her letters and wanted to get it done as soon as possible. Mallory on the other hand took different colors and took her time filling in her name. She almost finished her "M" by the time Julianne was done coloring in her entire name. Mallory defiantly is more detailed oriented and Julianne is more of a task manager. She wants to complete the job and Mallory wants to think about how she will do it, will come back to it and will take time to do it how she wants. It was fun to see the difference.
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-spending most of the day with my kids
-learning that Mallory protects Nathan while I am working out (some kids took toys away from Nathan today at the gym)
-knowing that the girls are starting to understand the concept of money and what you have to do to earn it
-reading before I go to sleep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Julianne's thumb, but I love the No Teeth picture!

So we had Book Club last night, and there were only six of us. It was actually really nice. Toni came without Max so I didn't get any pictures! I even brought my camera. Oh well. Belinda's kitchen is just done being remodeled and is gorgeous.

I'll go find that fabric store that I was teling you about and send you the link. Oh! And did I ever tell that I really enjoy that quilter's blog that you sent? I've gotten some great ideas and I just really like her writing and the pictures are gorgeous! I passed it on to my sister and mom, too, and they really like it. Thank you!