Saturday, August 9, 2008

Free air conditioning

We have had the air conditioner off for more than two days.  The weather hear has been fantastic.  The nights are low 60's and the days are high 70's low 80's but the best is that the humidity is really low.  I love leaving the windows open especially while I am sleeping.  We have a great attic fan that circulates air throughout our house and it is just like having a fan in the upstairs sucking all the air up from the downstairs up to the upstairs.  We had an attic fan while I was growing up and I never really understood what it did but now I do.  

We went to the local farmers market on Wednesday and it was nice.  There were a lot of vendors there, live music and lots of great samples.  We did not buy any produce since I did not know what was there but hopefully we will go next week and I will get some local apples and hopefully some home grown tomatoes.  It was defiantly not like my beloved Knoxville Farmers Market but for a smaller suburb it was good.  There is a bigger Farmers Market in the Short North area on Saturday but I have not made it down there yet.  I will try to make the Wednesday Farmers Market a regular occurrence and then it will become my new favorite Farmers Market since I can't travel to Knoxville every Saturday.  

Today we took advantage of the great weather and went to a Columbus Metro Park and had a picnic and went on a short hike.  The girls had fun hiking and Nathan enjoyed throwing rocks into the river.  On our way back Mallory said "Look the moon is following us".  It was a great comment and she was enthralled with the moon and asking us where it was going?  Oh yeah and I have a funny story about here in the restroom at the park.  She was going "#2" (Julianne told me today that going "#3" is actually diarrhea, I did not know there was a #3) and had locked the bathroom door.  So as she was going she screamed and said that there was a spider walking by her feet.  She was screaming about it and talking about it and kind of freaking out.  I said I could not help her since she locked the bathroom door.  Then she started to really freak out since a large flying spider flew behind her.  She started screaming so loud and getting really scared and I could not get to her since the door was locked.  I told her to unlock the door but she was frozen.  Anyway she ended up unlocking the door and flying out of the stall with her dress up and panties down.  I had to wipe her and flush the toilet.  D and Julianne could hear her outside in the car screaming, that is how loud she was screaming.  It was a great story.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-watching the Olympic opening ceremony (it was amazing all the people that participated in it and the logistics it took to pull it off).
-sharing days like today with my family.
-having Nathan be snuggly with me last night.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since I can't travel to Knoxville every Saturday

You could if you really wanted to! :)

The Farmer's Maarket is getting bigger and bigger - it's really great. We got some Sun Gold cherry tomatoes on Saturday, and miracle of miracles, Adeline eats them! It's the only vegetable she'll eat, never mind that it's technically a fruit!

I'm loving the Olympics too. China's PR campaign is totally working, because I wouldn't mind going to China now, and I've never thought that before.