OK so after I composed my last post and I mentioned that I wanted to work with Photoshop more I took some of my pictures and edited them in Lightroom. Lightroom is a program that helps photographers manage pictures and perform post production work. I have not used Lightroom since this summer so I thought that I would export some pictures and see what I remember. Here are some pre and post Lightroom pictures. There are so many interesting and different affects that Lightroom and Photoshop can perform on pictures and I only know a little bit about each program. I would love to learn more but at this point I only know the basics.

Pre edited picture. Notice the bluish color.

I adjusted the color temperature and the picture looks ten times better.

Pre-edited picture.

I used a standard Lightroom preseting to change the look of the picture.

Pre-edited picture

Post-edited picture. I darken the picture, increased the color concentrations for some colors and I do not know what else I did. I know it does not look that different but I can tell.
Anyway it was fun to experiment and I need to do it more often. These programs can transform pictures and I just don't have the knowledge right now to do it.
I am watching it lightly snow outside. Yikes.
1 comment:
Okay, first, snow?!?! Ack! Winter's here already? But summer just ended. *whine*
I love Before and Afters! Thank you for sharing these! The difference in the picture of the kids is amazing. It's so bright and warm now, not that I noticed it was lacking that until you changed it. The stick and shadow picture is amazing.
I like the contrast and shadows in the Before of the barn picture. You can really see that golden, fall afternoon lighting, which I love.
Post a Comment