Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

On Thursday I took the kids to a local pumpkin patch and we had a great time. The kids played for a long time in the blow up toys, the hay maze and the corn box. The girls loved the hay maze because it was tricky to follow and it had hidden slides in the middle. I liked it because I could see over it so I knew where the kids were. The corn box was a great idea, it was basically a sand box except that it had corn in it. It was a lot of fun minus the sand in the shoes, diapers, pant cuffs, etc. The pumpkin patch was actually a bust since all of the pumpkins were rotted but the kids had a fun time running in the field.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was really attracted to the barn at the pumpkin patch. It was an old barn covered in old barn wood and I took a bunch of pictures of it. I wish I was more proficient in Photoshop because I am sure that there are some special effects I could add to the picture. Maybe I will work with it in my free time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Our craft for the week was making slime. It was so easy to make. It only contains glue, water and Borax. The girls played with it for a long time. They made pizza with it, played doctor with it and cooked with it. Nathan was not too thrilled with it. He did not like it when it was sticky. He threw it around the room. We made it on Tuesday and the girls even played with the slime this morning. It was a great project and one we will make again.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Nathan saying "Mama, whereareyou"
-Mallory saying that her new rented Barbie movie "was so beautiful".
-smelling the dogs after a much needed bath

No comments: