Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter wonderland

Well we finally got the white fluffy snow that I was wanting the other weekend. It pretty much snowed all day on Wednesday and now it is bitter cold. I think it is suppose to get below zero tonight and only be in the single digits tomorrow. So the snow is staying. It was so beautiful this morning. The sky was blue the sun came out this afternoon and the snow is just so pretty. I love getting lots of snow. As long was we have electricity than I love it. I also love snow days. The kids did not have a snow day today but they had one or two last year and it was a lot of fun. They played outside all day and it is a day where you are not suppose to be doing anything, the schedules are off, and you can just relax at home. Last year we had a blizzard and it was a level 2 snow emergency so driving was discouraged. So that was kind of fun. This snow is not as much fun as that was since it is so cold. So we can't really play in the snow but they probably will for a little while tomorrow. Most of the schools are closed tomorrow because of the temperatures, however, Julianne's school is not scheduled to have school since it is a teacher grading day.

I also took Nathan to the doctor today because he was very tired this morning and had a mild fever. I mainly took him since these were his symptoms after his cold/breathing troubles/wheezing this week. He began this episode on Tuesday with his usual runny nose which turned into coughing and then turned into labor breathing. I gave him a breathing treatment at around 3:30 ish and he was OK the rest of the day. He was still breathing rapidly and would play and then stop knowing that he was not breathing as well as he usually does. Wednesday he was pretty much the same but with more wheezing and not as much labored breathing. This morning he still felt warm and was had a lot of junk (aka. mucus) in his lungs. I have been using Julianne's stethoscope to listen to his lungs and you can really hear the wheezing and gurgling in his lungs. So today since he still had a low grade fever and he still has a runny nose I thought I would take him in to see if he had a secondary infection. It was nice that I finally got to talk to my regular doctor about his symptoms. I have not seen her since his first occurrence in October. I saw another doctor at that time so I have not been able to talk to her. She listened to him and said that he was wheezy and a little congested. She wanted to make sure that he did not have pneumonia so she gave him a breathing treatment and then listened to his lungs. He did not have signs of pneumonia so she said to keep an eye on him. So I go back and see her on the 20th for his 2 year check up. So it was a nice visit, we will probably talk more about what we should do about his ashtma when I see her on the 20th.

Here are some pictures of the day.


Photobucket
Picture of all the snow early in the day on Wednesday
Photobucket
Thursday morning after all the snow had fallen
Photobucket
Our back yard
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-receiving such a thoughtful and beautifully constructed handmade gift from my friend Katie
-appreciating snow and how pretty it is
-sleeping with Nathan this morning

No comments: