I want to officially say Happy Birthday to Nathan. I am so excited that he is growing up and learning how to talk and to communicate. However, it seemed that he realized that he turned two today and he threw three very large blood screaming tantrums. I think he wanted to fall into the category of the "terrible twos" and wanted to start out full swing with the tantrums. He started out this morning not liking his cereal and when I gave some of his cereal to Mallory in order to put a different cereal into his bowl he began to scream very loudly. I gave him a warning that he was not allowed to scream like that and if he continued to cry he would go to time out. He did not listen and continued to cry very loudly, like a scream. I put him in time out and told him he could come out when he settled down. After about 5 minutes of hysterical crying he stopped and came to the table like nothing was wrong and ate his entire bowl of cereal. D said that he also had a tantrum at lunch. His last one for the day occurred after nap, I think it was over what snack he was getting, I can't really remember. I put him in his time out chair, he again cried for about 5 minutes and then he was done. I don't remember the girls crying that loudly or passionately about something and then just getting over it after they cried it out. So his may be different but he is very stubborn and persistent.
We had a great day. We planned on going bowling but the bowling alley was packed and we decided to go to the mall to their play area. The kids, especially Nathan, had a great time playing on the equipment. It was pretty crowded but they managed to have fun. We went out to eat at a favorite pizza place and gave him a few presents. It was a great night. The girls were excited that it was his birthday. Our neighbors, whom Nathan loves the dad, came over and gave him this cute Mexican soccer outfit. Our family is coming over next Sunday to help him celebrate his birthday.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-being able to celebrate and experience Nathan's second birthday
-seeing the girls be happy for Nathan that it was his birthday
-Hearing Nathan say "Birthday" to people on the phone who called to wish him happy birthday
-Having my brother come over and visit and help with our computers (he is our family's Geek Squad)
1 comment:
Happy birthday to your big boy! It makes me sad to think of him as a little boy when I haven't seen him in, what, a year? :( Feels like it...
Post a Comment