Mallory does not get sick much, probably only a couple times a year, but when she does get sick it seems to take over her body. The last time she was sick for this long was when she had the stomach virus for 4 days and we ended up taking her to the ER because she had not eaten or drunken anything for 3 days. She finally bounced back after she was given an IV and some anti-nausea medication. That, so far, has been our only trip to the ER. Our kids rarely get sick and we do not fuss too much if they do. I rarely take them to the doctor because I firmly believe that their bodies will heal themselves. So I am pretty aware of when I do need to take them to the doctor since I don't take them every time they have a fever, stomachache or cold. I was going to wait when I heard that she had an earache but when she woke up with her eye closed shut I knew that this was something more than her body could take care of. So she is back to herself. You go Mallory!


Julianne is becoming a little writer. She has several journals and paper tablets that she writes in regularly. Sometimes after school she is very crazy and gets extra upset with Mallory or myself. During these times I end up sending her to her room to be by herself. This helps because she gets so emotional and I think from being at school she is around people all day and influenced by them all day that by the end of a busy school day she comes home and takes out her overstimulated energy out on us. So anyways, on Friday she was acting up and I told her she needed to spend some time by herself and she got mad and stormed out of the house and went outside. I gave her some space and went out there 10 minutes later and she had put one of our chairs up outside and was writing and coloring in her journal. She wrote: "I am a god droler and riter. I love the way I drol and rit". Translation-I am a good drawer and writer. I love the way I draw and write. She drew some hearts with smiley faces in them and her friends on the swings. After she was done her behavior was much better and she was able to play with Mallory without getting so mad at her for little things. So I think next time I may suggest that she write in her journal after school in order to settle her down and transition to being at home and not at school.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-hanging out with our great neighbors
-being able to ride our bicycles to the OSU game to avoid stressful traffic
-hearing Julianne read to me
-seeing Nathan smell his sinky feet (they really do smell)
No comments:
Post a Comment