Sunday, September 7, 2008

Surprise!

We had a surprise party for D on Friday after he got back from work. It was a party to celebrate him receiving his doctorate in psychology. He went running after work and came home to a room full of people. He was definitely surprised by our party since we were suppose to go to a work picnic that night. He really had no idea and it was great to see him surprised. We had a lot of fun and everyone was really excited for D and his accomplishment. It was the first surprise party I have thrown and I think that I did a pretty good job. It is hard for me to keep this secret from him so it was hard to keep cool and not get overly excited.
Photobucket
Surprise!!! This is a great picture
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dwight's mutilated cake.

On Saturday night we hosted Julianne's friend birthday party. She wanted to have a sleepover so we invited 4 friends and three ended up being able to attend. We had two friends from school, one neighbor and Mallory. The girls arrived around 5:00 p.m. They played then we had pizza, the neighbors over for cake and ice cream and then the girls played hide and seek and red rover in our backyard. After games in the backyard, the girls came inside to work on window art craft, then movies and bed. They did not really go to bed until about 12:00 p.m. The girls were really funny together and they played really well together. They are a little tired today and grumpy and I am sure that it will be worse tomorrow.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I bought Nathan some "bling" pacifiers last week because they were on sale. We always lose his pacifiers and they were on sale so I bought them. They are not really my style; they are really big and have fake diamonds on them. So while at the party our neighbor put big diamond rings, from the girls goody bags, on the his pacy so that it would be more "blingified". It was actually pretty funny and he kind of liked the jingling and noise that it made.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing a rainbow on my Friday morning run.
-seeing the expression on D's face when he walked in the door for his surprise party
-watching the girls play with their friends
-seeing Julianne live for almost 7 years (wow that is wired)
-getting a close parking space at the gym when I had the kids

No comments: