Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spoke too soon

Well I jinxed myself talking about Nathan and his asthma getting better. Yesterday when he woke up he had a runny nose and sounded a little funny. Yesterday while at work, our sitter said that he was coughing a lot but not enough to be worried. Well this morning he was doing his barky cough and was not feeling well. He actually asked for a treatment at 8:00 am. and I gave him one. All morning he has been coughing and sometimes when he got upset enough or worked up he would not be able to catch is breath and would get a worried look on his face. I have to tell him to relax and to breathe deeply. When I was walking in the kids to school this afternoon he did the same thing and said he wanted a treatment. So we are now home and he is getting a treatment. He is definitely having labored breathing today. He can barely run or when he starts crying or getting upset he has to slow down so that he can catch is breath. This is the usual symptoms that he experiences when I say that his attacks are the worst they have been (which I think is manageable for asthma attack standards). It is hard knowing when it will get better. The good thing is that it is usually a 12 hour time frame that his breathing is labored and he has the dry hacky barky cough. Then it turns into just productive coughs for a few days.

On another note I forgot to mention that D and I are taking beginning swing dancing lessons for 7 weeks. We started last week and it was actually really fun. We learned beginning salsa and another dance, which I don't know the name, and we began another one, that I don't know the name either. The place was packed with couples so that made it fun because everyone else looked like we did so it was fun.

I am also happy because my big work presentation is over. I made a presentation to around 70 co-workers on sustainability and business and our new waste reduction and recycling program. It went pretty well and I had a lot of good comments and feedback from the presentation. So that was nice. In order for the program to work we need most of the employees buy in and I hope the positive effort will continue. So time will tell.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Finishing my presentation
-being at home with Nathan when he is not feeling well
-Having lunch with Julianne

No comments: