Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Nathan

Well it is Nathan's 3rd birthday today!!! Yeah. I cannot believe that he is 3 years old. Some days it seems like he was just born and other days it feels like we have never lived our life without him. I guess that is how I feel about all the kids but he is my youngest so I guess it is a little different since he has not been with us that long.

Well we celebrated his birthday yesterday since D will be at work all day today. We had a great day yesterday. We went sledding with all the kids and we all had a blast. I need to get new sleds since we only have two working ones and they are not the fastest. I went to the stores yesterday but of course they were all sold out. So I need to pick a non-snowy weekend to go out and purchase some. Nathan had a blast. This is the first time I have taken him this year and last year he liked it but did not love it. This year he loved it and even carried the sleds up the hill after he went down the hill. The girls, especially Julianne, also had fun. Julianne could live in the snow. She loves it so much. I talked to my neighbor the other day and she said that Julianne is a trip. She said that she was watching her outside and she said that Julianne was laying face down in the snow. So she said she gave her 10 seconds before she was going to go outside to see if she was alright. Julianne got up but that is what she does. She sometimes just lays in the snow and always wants to go outside in it.
Photobucket
"I can even turn a shovels (I mean rake) into shooters."
Photobucket
We got about 5 inches last week. It is still all here with the freezing weather so that is nice that it is sticking around.
Photobucket
Nathan basically received a dollhouse for boys. It is from Imaginext and it is toys for 3-8 year olds. They are like younger version action heroes. So I knew that he would love it. He is sleeping with in his bed right now for nap.
Photobucket
Big hug for sissy.
Photobucket
Here is is cupcake with a toothpick as a candle. We did not have any candles and his family birthday party is not until next weekend so we will make sure that he has candles for that cake.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Celebrating Nathan's 3rd birthday
-Having fun with the kids this weekend
-Having a nice warm house it live in during these cold cold days.

No comments: