Monday, October 5, 2009

The week in review

Well we escaped September without Nathan having an asthma episode but this weekend it was back. It was not too bad of one but it did slow him down a little. He is better today and went to school with a little wheezing and coughing but he is back to his old self. His eczema is alright. He is not itching it as much but that could also be because the weather is colder and he has been wearing pants. I looked back at my blog from last year and in November I said that his eczema was almost gone on his legs so I think I am choosing a bad time to try my wheat/gluten free experiment. I should really try it in the spring/summer when his legs are really bad and irritated. However, at the beginning of the week they were really red and irritated and by the end of the week his skin was softer and not as red. So who knows. I am still plugging along on the diet restriction for about 6 weeks. I thought I would only do it a week or two but a lot of things say to wait until 2 months to wait until all the gluten/wheat is out of the system. So we will see. He is actually doing really well with the food choices. He still asks for his favorite cereal but is easily tempted by the rice and corn cereals. Julianne is actually really jealous that Nathan gets to each Rice Chex cereal and she does not. He also has pretzels which she wants to eat so bad. So it is going alright. Since he does not really eat my dinners that I make it doesn't really matter at dinner time.

Julianne had her first Girl Scouts campout this weekend. She had a lot of fun and did not have any reservations about going. She was really tired and worn out when she got back on Sunday and within half an hour had to turn around and go to her soccer game. That was really unpleasant for her. She threw the largest fit and was really mad that we were making her go to soccer. There was a lot of yelling and crying from her end. In the end she got dressed and pulled through and had an OK soccer game. She has a hard time transitioning to different activities and I know that she was worn out but we still wanted her to participate in the game she committed herself to.

We went to the So You Think You Can Dance concert this past week and we had a lot of fun. We were suppose to go with friends but they could not find a babysitter and the husband was sick so we took the girls. They girls had a lot of fun since they watch parts of the show throughout the season with us. Mallory was so cute because after about 10 minutes of watching it she ran up to me and said mom, "Those are real people." It was the cutest thing ever. She is used to watching it on TV and when her 5 year old brain started thinking she realized that they were real dancers and it was not on TV. So it was cute. Julianne kept saying, "This is my favorite dance." She said that on every dance. So that was cute. We had a great time.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Hearing the High School Band play a concert next door. (my neighbors hosted the band for dinner before a game and the band played a concert in the street.
-Nathan and is ability to express himself with words
-Julianne trying hard at soccer
-Mallory loving kindergarten

No comments: