Friday, October 16, 2009

Two less days in the week

I now have two less days in the week to get all of my chores/errands/activities completed since I have been working two days. Granted D stays home on one of those days and helps keep the house clean but it is still more work on me. I switched the kids and my clothes this week to winter clothes since I was a little past due so that was my largest time hog. So with less time means my blog may suffer a little from lack of entries. I will keep trying to post once a week but it may be longer than that.

Our biggest event of the past two weeks was that Julianne was at gymnastics on Monday jumping on the trampoline when she went to her belly and kind of landed on her chin. She started crying and got off the gymnastics floor and I could tell she was in a lot of pain. We iced it and just hung out until Mallory was done. She had to walk very slowly and was still in a lot of pain was we were leaving. She could move her arms and her body but could not move her neck very well. When we got home we took it easy and just gave her some Tylenol and had her ice it. On Monday she was not really feeling any better and her left shoulder was considerably lower than her right. So I decided to call the doctor to make sure she did not dislocate her shoulder or have any other bone issues. Well the doctor said she had a muscle spasm and that it would feel better in 3-4 days. So I was glad that I did not have to get any x-rays and she is now back to normal. She was mad that she could not play soccer on Tuesday but I am happy that she is feeling better.

Mallory's second fish (Bluey) died on Tuesday and she was pretty upset and wanted me to immediately go and buy a new one. I told her we had to grieve her old fish first for a few months before we could purchase a new one. What I was really thinking was that I did not want to buy another one since I always have to take care of it. So I checked her fish off my list of one more chore to take care of. If we get another one she will be in charge of cleaning the fish bowl and taking care of it because that fish and Julianne's stinky/pooping frog drive me up the wall:)

Nathan is doing great. He likes school when he is in the classroom but he always says "I don't want to go to school" or "I don't like it" but he goes in willfully and seems to have fun. Mallory and I have been enjoying our time together. This past Monday we went to the local Goodwill store to look around and to give some old clothes away. There was not a great selection of things so we only bought Nathan a pair of pants and Mallory a stuffed animal.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Fall leaves
-A quiet house
-learning new things at work everyday

No comments: