Sunday, September 27, 2009

Soccer activities

Julianne started soccer two weeks ago. Her very first game ever was last Sunday and she just had her second game today. She did an excellent job trying hard to get the ball and not being so passive this Sunday. She actually went for the ball and was more into the game today than she was last week. It was raining last weekend so I did not take any pictures but I took a bunch today and I got to capture her in action. Her first game she pretty much just ran after the ball and never really wanted to touch it. She was happy to just run and be by the ball but she did not want to steal it from anyone or have it to herself. Today she had about 10 seconds of her dribbling the ball down the field all by herself and I think it really helped her realize what soccer is about. D asked her if she liked it and she said that she did and she wanted to score after that. After those 10 seconds she was in the game. She would run after the ball and try to get more into the game. So we were really proud of her and glad that she is really having fun with soccer.

These are pictures from her practice and from todays game. I had a great time taking pictures of Mallory and Nathan during her practice. Nathan loves balls and he will play with them anywhere he can. Mallory had fun playing on the school equipment and playing hopscotch. She just loves school. She loves her teacher and we see her teacher all the time since her daughter also plays soccer with Julianne so Mallory loves seeing her and watching her take care of her kids.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nathan loved playing with his ball in the water.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This week and next week I am putting Nathan on a gluten-free diet. Since the skin is an organ and it is reacting to something going on either outside his body or inside I really want to find out what is disrupting his skin so much that he itches so hard that he makes himself bleed from all his deep scratches. I have been reading some stuff about diets and eczema and I have tried eliminating milk/dairy and that did not work and the only thing I have not tried is wheat/gluten. So that is what we are trying this week and next. So on Friday night I went and spent 65 dollars on gluten free food. Since he does not really eat too much I really just had to buy some cereal, bread, noodles, crackers/pretzels and I bought some small desserts. So we will see. We have been putting his prescription Elidel on his skin twice a day for the past two weeks because I kind of gave up on trying to holistically or minimally treat his eczema. So his legs look pretty good right now but we will stop using the Elidel for right now and see if the elimination diet works. I am a little hopefully since I loved that giving up peanut products got rid of the eczema on his head but I am not confident that this will work. So we will see.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is Julianne at her second game. I know that she was nervous because she was sticking her fingers in her mouth.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I lover her tongue.
Photobucket
Now she is charging after the ball!!! Go Julianne

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Lovely cooler weather today
-seeing Julianne and her inner fighter girl have fun on the soccer field
-easy to read food labels for gluten free food (do you know how many foods have Gluten in them? A lot)

No comments: