Monday, October 26, 2009

Soccer updates

I forgot to mention in my last post that Julianne scored a goal at her previous soccer game. She now really likes soccer and becoming more aggressive with the ball and going out there and trying to get the ball more. She has a couple really good players on her team I think she was intimidated by them but now she is learning and getting more into it. She actually got a game ball last week (all the players get one during the season) but she was really excited that she got one and she knew that she was going to get one because she "played really hard." So we are so glad that she likes it and is now really putting herself out there. She has a tendency to stand back and watch and not really paprticipate in things because It hink she thinks she will not do it well or will look silly, but it seems she growing out of that. It is really fun to watch her and of course she has a lot to learn. All the girls are ball hogs and there is not really any passing going on but I have been impressed that second graders can play and understand what they should be doing during this game.

Mallory is doing well. She was a little sick last week with a headache and just a grumpy feeling. She did not have a fever but complained about her head hurting for several days. She has been loving school and is excited about going everyday.

Nathan is doing well. He is crazy, stubborn and determined as 2.5 year old should be. He is slowly not taking his afternoon nap which is tiring for me but it is fun to spend some one on one time with him. This week we are volunteering in Mallory's class. The teacher said I could bring Nathan so that will be nice and hopefully he is a help and not a nuances.

During the past 10 days we went to the pumpkin patch and had a lot of fun looking for pumpkins. However, we had fun but I swear that that pumpkin patch is somewhat haunted. Last year when we went to this same pumpkin patch Julianne lost her coat and we never found it again. This year I put 40 dollars in my pockets and when I went to pay for the pumpkins the money was gone. It must have fallen out but that place brings me bad luck. The kids had fun playing in the corn and Julianne was a mess when we got home. she had straw caked in her hair and it was hard to get out.
Photobucket
My stubborn son trying to pick up the pumpkins.
Photobucket
He is trying to pick it up a different way.
Photobucket
And another...
Photobucket
He finally gave up and let Julianne carry it for him.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Group hug.
Photobucket
The corn box.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Julianne was a mess at the end of that day. It was so hard to get all the hay out of her hair.

We also participated in the Second Annual Walk for Autism. I volunteered to do registration and I was there at 7:00 am. It was really cold that morning and by 10:00 I was frozen trying to register people. But I had fun and quickly warmed up during the opening ceremonies and on the walk.
Photobucket
D not really wanting me to take his picture. Shocking!!!
Photobucket

I took my friends pictures this weekend and they turned out really well. I was actually surprised. The boys were fun and the lighting was great, the evening was warm so the pictures were a success.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-great fall weather.
-the sound of leaves falling and crunching when we walk and run on them
-spending time with my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The corn box looks fun. Also like the ones of Nathan trying to pick up the pumpkin.
K