Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fun in the leaves

Yesterday I witnessed Mallory tackling Nathan in a fit of frustration. The kids were a little crazy yesterday while I was cleaning up from dinner. Julianne was doing her homework at the kitchen table and was getting annoyed because the kids kept coming in there and trying to play with her. So I took them into the playroom and gave them both puzzles to work on. So a few minutes went by and Mallory was working on hers and Nathan was finished with his and then threw his in the air. So I went in to the playroom to talk to Nathan and get him to put it back together so that we could put it away. While I was talking to Nathan his foot accidentally hit Mallory's block puzzle and one of the pieces got out of line. She got mad she pushed him on the floor so he ended up being in a turtle position, or child's pose if you know yoga, and Mallory leaped on top of him and opened her mouth and went right for his neck. Then she got off and pushed him. I stood there and watched the entire episode and to my surprise stood there with my mouth opened wide and I could not react. It happened in slow motion and I can still remember all her moves. Finally, I stopped Mallory and sent her up to her room. Now this is not the first time our sweet Mallory has beat up on Nathan. There have been many occasions where Nathan has come to me saying Mallory bit him or pushed him or hit him. This is just the first time I witnessed it. Julianne does not have as many fight like that with him. I did see her push him into the wall this past weekend but that is a rare occurrence. Mallory rarely gets very frustrated but when she does she loses it and poor little Nathan was in her path. So anyway after that burst of frustration we talked about how unacceptable that behavior is and she had a consequence and she apologised to Nathan after her time out. I am sure that will not be the last but hopefully she will be more patient next time.

We had a great Halloween. Julianne was a black cat, Mallory was this Gothic Juliet and Nathan was a mix between a superman, and star wars character with a shooter in his hand. He was suppose to be superman but he did not want to wear the costume and ended up borrowing our neighbors boy masks and "shooters". So he had fun. Julianne got 164 pieces of candy and Mallory and Nathan probably totaled that much also. So we have gobs of candy at our house and it has been hard to resist.

Here are some pictures of the past week.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Julianne did not come out until later, hence the bad flash picture.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Having great neighbors to hang out with
-one extra hour of sleep/stuff to do
-The crock pot for busy days

No comments: