Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

Well this week was a first for two members of our household. Julianne started her first day of second grade and Mallory started Kindergarten. Julianne was really excited and transitioned very well to going back to school. She has been pretty relaxed after school and has been playing with Mallory pretty well. Mallory went today to school for an hour and fifteen minutes and then she starts tomorrow for her first real day. So she was a little clingy but went in energetically and did not cry. So the big test will be tomorrow when there will be more classmates and she attends for the entire 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mallory was not too thrilled with me taking her picture.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mad, sassy face.
Photobucket
She was happier when she found out where to put her backpack.
Photobucket
Nathan's new soccer outfit from Grandpa. He loves it.
Photobucket
This is what I have resorted to in order to keep Nathan from scratching his legs. He has repeatedely taken off his extra large, waterproof bandades and scratched his ezcema leaving his legs weeping, bleeding and in terrible shape. I just feel like this is our constant battle, keeping him from scratching his legs open. His poor skin must be so scared from this. I can't get it cleared up long enough to see what the damage is. So we will see how long this lasts. After nap he was really scratching but at least he could not really sratch his skin and more importantely he could not take off the bandages.

The kids spent the weekend at Mimi's house and we went out and shopped for a new car. D's car has been slowly dying the past few months and he called last week saying that his car was shaking. So we thought this might be the best time so that we do not have to put any more money into it. So we went to a Honda place and looked at their used Odyssey's and they were nice but they did not have any that we liked and what we wanted. So then we went to a Toyota place and looked at the Sienna. They only had about four at the place and they did not have any used ones. They did however have a used Odyssey so we took it out for a drive and really liked it and thought it was priced well. It has been at the dealers for awhile and they had already reduced the price once. It was basically the same price as one of the used ones at Honda but with all the extras. So we took the plunge and bought it. So it is a 2007 with about 30,000 miles on it. So it is perfect for us. We did not tell the kids that we bought one since I knew that they would be extra excited and would want to see it. So we kept it a secret and picked them up in it. D picked them up and he said that they were so excited. Julianne was the most excited. So it was nice for him to see them in that state of happiness. They still love it and fight over who opens the doors and where they get to sit. It is a pretty nice car and it drive amazingly smooth. Even D likes it. So we are happy with our purchase.

The kids got back on Sunday night and D's mom told me that Nathan had a cough and a runny nose Sunday morning. So I knew what that meant. Sure enough around 6:00 p.m. he started breathing hard and it continued until the next morning. I slept with him and his exhales would make the bed kind of move. I was reading and I thought why is the bed shaking. We wer in the basement so I thought maybe we had an animal friend but I soon figured it out. It was Nathan breathing. We already gave him a treatment that night and then I ended up giving him one at 4:00 a.m. because he was still breathing hard. So this one seemed to last longer and it seemed more severe but it may have been because I was sleeping with him and more involved than at other times. Additionally this was his second episode in one month which is more frequent then his usual once a month episode. I write all this stuff down because it gives me a place to record his episodes in case we need to see a specialist or just to document them so that I know when and what degree they were. So if you get tired of reading about this then just skip this part.

Photobucket
This is Nathan's other Soccer outfit. It is usually worn on Mondays after wash day and is missed and talked about the rest of the week since he can't wear it when it is dirty. Now that we have the other soccer outfit this one will get a break.
Photobucket
This is his sword that rarely leaves his hand or bed.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ooops!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some sweet calm pictures.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Seeing Mallory begin a new school chapter in her life.
-Seeing Julianne act so old and brave during her first day of school.
-Julianne telling me she wants to stay at home with me and not go to school (even though every morning she is excited to go to school)
-running on a trail at a local park with hubby last weekend.

No comments: