Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My new spike mat

Well my spike mat, aka nail mat or acupressure mat, arrived today. Yeah. I have been waiting for it for over a week. I just used it and it hurt for the first 5 minutes and then it did not hurt as much. I rested on it for a little more than 10 minutes and it felt really good to get off of it. I did not feel extra relaxed but I also was not really mediating or in a mediative state. The kids were around and wanting to try it so it was not the correct time to do it but I had to give it a try regardless of the chaotic state of the house. Right now my back is still a little tingly and my head is a little light headed so I don't know if it is from that or just a coincidence. So we will see. Right now Mallory has been lying on it for almost 20 minutes. Granted she has a shirt on with it which makes a big difference so we will see how she feels afterwards. I am excited about it and I hope it becomes a regular part of relaxing. I am really excited for D to try it to see what he thinks.

We got to watch cousin Lexee for the last time on Monday. My brother and SIL are moving to Colorado this week and we were sad to see them leave. Lexee takes after her older cousin of being very sad when her mother or father are not holding her. So she cried for about 5-10 minutes and then got on the floor and played with the kids. She did great. The dogs loved her and tried to keep licking her but the kids shooed them away. She ended up having a good time and she looks just like my brother. She has the same expressions and relaxed look to her so it was fun to see that. We are definatly gong to miss her, uncle B and Aunt C since we saw them on a regular basis. I am sure they will have a good time in their new house and environment.
Photobucket
Tucker really wanted to lick Lexee but she was not too sure of it.
Photobucket
Mallory was trying to fan Lexee
Photobucket
She definitely had a lot of action going on around her.
Photobucket
The entire cousin gang.
Photobucket
Julianne took good care of Lexee and acted like she was her baby.
Photobucket
Lexee and Mel stare down.
Photobucket
I think Mel won.
Photobucket
I think this is confused and preplexed look to Lexee. I don't know if it was all the activity or she was thinking about her parents. Too cute.

We went to the local Goodwill store to see if there were any good finds. We bought several outfits and a light for 43 dollars. The light for Julianne's desk was actually 7 dollars and the rest were clothes. I bought two shirts for myself and Nathan got one pair of shorts. The rest were the girls clothes for this fall. We got some really cute outfits from all the brand name stores.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was the girls favorite outfits. Julianne shorts are very cute and so is Mallory's shirt.

We bought new TV room furniture a couple weeks ago and D bought a new chair for our desk. So we are going to move all the furniture from the TV room down into the basement and then get rid of our nasty smelly 10 year old couch from the basement. So it will be nice to be rid of that couch since it just stinks and it is ripped and it takes up a lot of space in the basement. So the kids had fun with the old computer chair.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Daddy lovin'.

My CSA, Community Supported Agriculture, buddy was out of town this week so I took the entire share. This is what I recieved: 20 ears of corn, 4 zucchini, 4 squash, 2 banana peppers, 2 spicy peppers, 2 red hot peppers, 4 eggplant, a bag of potatoes, 2 pints of blackberries, 10 peaches, 8 tomatoes, 1 pint of cherry tomatoe, 1 large bag of green beans, one head of cabbage, 2 green peppers and I think it was it. Anyway, it was a lot of food. I have been pretty good at using it. We have had several pasta dishes with the zucchini and squash. I made zucchini bread yesterday. Last weekend we had a few family gatherings which I made green bean dishes and used my tomotoes. I think I will freeze the green beans. I gave away the cabbage, some ears of corn, and the eggplant. We love the peaches and we have already eaten all the blackberries. So I think I have done a good job of using all the produce. We really do love getting all these different veggies. Like I said before I tend use the same veggies and dishes over and over again so this has been nice to make different dishes using different ingredients and to use things in season.
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-my new spike mat
-Nathan saying he looks beautiful when he puts in his "soccerr outfit".
-some loving time with Nathan
-Seeing how the girls made a pretend village from all the toys around the house. The village is located in our playroom and contains cars, Little People, Noah's Ark, two car garages, and some matchbox cars.

No comments: