Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Red, White and Poop?...

We had a great 4th of July holiday full of Red, White and Boom and poop. Nathan pooped in the potty for the first time on Friday and has not second guessed his decision. He has been in underwear for two full days and he has surprisingly done very well. We have not had any poopy accidents and only one half pee accident. The only negative is that he as been waking up from his nap screaming, "Pee". and he wakes up in the morning screaming his head off saying he has to pee. I repeatedly tell him that he has a diaper on and he can pee in it if wants, but I think he forgets or is over peeing in a diaper. Who knows. I have had to start telling him he does not get a spacial treat every time he poops in the potty since he has done it so many times. Anyway, so that is our good news on that front. I am just really happy to not be cleaning out any poopy diapers anymore. It has actually been really nice.

So we went to the Red, White and Boom festivities on Friday night and the kids loved the fireworks. Nathan was not too into them until the end of the show. He sat on D's lap the entire time with his head in his shoulder. Of course D did not mind and he was so cute laying with him. On Saturday we went to the local parade and enjoyed a real 4th of July parade complete with floats, horses, bands and old cars. The kids really enjoyed it. After the parade we got ready for our neighborhood block party. It ended up being a lot of fun with lots of neighbors. We had about 60 adults and 30 kids. Our backyard is a mess as a result of water balloon activities and fights. I think everyone had a good time and it was great to meet some new neighbors and their kids. My brother, SIL, my mom and grandma also came to the party. I am glad that they came and it was great to share that with them. My mom and grandmother were also very helpful in putting back my messy kitchen.

Photobucket
Julianne and Nina filling up the hundreds of water balloons for the party.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Red, White and Boom patrons
Photobucket
Nathan in D's shoulder during the fireworks
Photobucket
The kids getting ready for the fireworks.
Photobucket
This was in the parade. I loved this and thought it was very creative.
Photobucket
This was one of the best part of the parade. This little contraption was very cool and fun.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These were a couple of the floats in the parade. They were very creative and I can't imagine putting one of those together. The theme was "There's no place like home...".
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nathan and my friends son were not liking the loud cars and fire sirens.
Photobucket
Water balloon activities
Photobucket
Some of the neighbors.

On Sunday my mom and grandma made their annual sleeping rotation to our house for a few days so it was nice to have them visit. I know the kids loved having them stay here. My mom and grandma helped out in the garden and we had plenty of time to talk and catch up. They left this morning and now we are getting back to our regular schedule.

Nathan is having a hard day today. He started his regular asthma episode on Saturday with a runny nose and a fever. Yesterday he had a dry cough but he did not have enough coughing or labored breathing to give him a treatment. This morning, however, when I went into his bedroom I could tell right away that I needed to give him a breathing treatment. He was breathing harder and had a lot of mucus. So I gave him one it did help a lot. It is now lunch and his breathing is becoming more labored so I will probably give him another one. This episode has been different from his other allergic ones since he is worse on the 3rd day. Usually the 3rd day is better but this day was surly the worst day so far. So we will see. It seems like when I finally get a pattern down for these episodes it changes on me. Oh well. I guess it will never be predictable, but I will still try to make it predictable, even if it is not realistic.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-D finally taking his test. I know that taking it has been a big load off of his chest.
-Having my grandmother and mom in town. It would be nicer if they lived closer and we could visit more often.
-My brother and SIL coming to the cook out.
-Nathan being potty trained.
-Refinancing our house at a 4.8% interest rate for 15 years.
-Not having our old house
-Not paying utilities on a house we did not live in.
-Not owning two houses
-Not having to pay a landscaper for landscaping our old house we never saw, especially since we never hired a landscaper when we lived there.
-Not wishing or wanting someone to buy our old house
-Being able to go back to looking at houses on the MLS with a more positive attitude.
-Never having to clean poop from a cloth diaper again (well I guess for now).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pics and and a fun 4th at your house!! Great to spend time with you, D, and the kids! K