Well I was thinking about this today since someone asked me how long I have been practicing yoga and I told him that it was a about a year. I said that because I thought that it was probably about this time last year that I started this blog. I just looked back and it was July 12 that I started writing in a blog. I moved my blog over from my old blog server but that was when I started blogging in general. So that is crazy. I guess I have officially made it a habit to write my memories down since it takes a few months for one to repetitively do something for it to become a habit. So I am proud that I have continued with this tradition since it is a great way to capture my families memories and how I felt and reacted to certain situations that 10 and 20 years from now I will have forgotten. So happy belated anniversary to my blog.
I guess I have been practicing yoga for more than a year. From looking back at my blog entries, I was doing yoga once a week when we moved here and I would say that for the past year I have been doing it at least twice a week. So it has been two years since I have been doing yoga at least once a year. I remember my old yoga days when I could not even get into the poses and I was so stiff and uncomfortable in most of them. Now it is nice to be able to move freely into all of them and even push my flexibility to go beyond the pose. I had a great practice on Tuesday with a class that I do not go to very often. She teaches in the morning and extends her class to 70 minutes. So she had a long savasana (about 5-10 minutes) and I really got into the stillness and meditative state that savasana, when practiced correctly, allows you to. Sometimes it is hard to really meditate when I am thinking about picking up the kids or what we are going to do today but I guess I was really in the concentrating mode and my head and mind felt really tingly. My arms and legs felt really heavy and I really did not want it to end. I did not have a hard time concentrating on my breath and it was very easy to push thoughts out of my mind. I wish this meditative state came more easily to me but I will appreciate the times that it does come and remember those good times. Mediation/complete relaxation is also a learned and practiced state where it takes years to really master these skills. So I guess it will come.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-being able to capture my memories in a form that I enjoy
-keeping up with my blog
-being able to catch up with friends by reading their blogs and knowing what is going on in their life.
-cool comfortable weather. We have not used our air conditioning for the past week.
No comments:
Post a Comment