Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One step closer

D recived his test results back for his lisencure exam and he passed. We are so pleased and I knew that he would pass. When has he ever failed a test? So I was confident and he was unsure. I am so happy and proud of him for getting one step closer to his goal. He did an awsome job of studying for his test and not stressing himself out while still being a great father and husband. I guess when you are getting your Ph.D with a family you learn how to balance all those responsiblities. The last phase is for him to do his oral exam which according to him is not too hard. So that is all on that front

We had a great weekend. The weather was cool and perfect. We ended with week with Mallory graduating from Safety Town and Julianne finishing art camp with an art show. Mallory loved safety town and she still recits safety phrases that she learned from her two week camp. Julianne's art camp exceeded my expectations. She did an art camp last year and they made foam sticky pictures, colored and did other elementary art activities. This camp was different. It was put on by the local art college and they made masks, watercolor art, sketches and other art forms I have never even heard of. So we will definatly be doing that camp again next year.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mallory hugging the policewoman in charge of the program.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is a morphed animal. Can you guess which two. It is a bee and a turtle.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is one of my favorite pictures of Nathan. I love his eyebrow. He was in a mood at Julianne's art show and was not very happy.
Photobucket
He became happier when he got his cookie.
Photobucket
Since Mallory was at safety town a lot the past few weeks Julianne and Nathan have had extra time to play togethoer. They are snuggling on the couch watching TV in this picture.
Friday evening was also exciting becasue the ice cream truck came to visit us. The kids got snow cones and were thrilled to have gotten a special treat. I was a little shocked to see that these frozen snow cones were $2.50 each. Whatever happened to the cheap ice cream truck suprises of 50 cents or a dollar. I hope he does not come around too offen this summer.
Photobucket
Saturday night D and I went out and went to the local baseball game and went out to eat. It was a great night. It sprinkled a little bit but turned out to be a very cool night. We had a lot of fun and the stadium was great. Here are some pictures of the night.
Photobucket
We saw a rainbow after it sprinkled.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We were right by first base in the first row so I knew that I could get some good pictures. We we right in front of the relief pitchers while they warmed up. I never really got any good pictures of the players coming into first base and almost getting out but I did get some good butt ones of the relief pitchers warming up.

Counsin Andrew's birthday was on Sunday so my sister had the family over. I can't believe that his three years old. He had a great birthday with lots of good food and delicious cake.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nathan loved Andrew's dress up clothes. I think there is a sword in his future. He played with the sward for the longest time and had a hard time leaving it with Andrew.

Our productive weekend ended with the completion of my quilt. I really like the quilt. It has some flaws but all handmade quilts have some flaws. It was fun to make and I did not feel overwhelmed by the task. So that was nice. It is pretty big. It fit Julianne's bed with some lots of room on the sides. I think it would fit on our bed, which is a queen. So it is large.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-finishing my quilt
-going to the baseball game with D
-the fantastic weather we had last weekend
-Nathan and his sweet new haircut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job D!!! One more ordeal and it is so OOOver! Yea! K