Friday, February 6, 2009

Where does the time go?

I cannot believe my last post was on January 28th. We have been extra busy around this household with dad and kids being sick, I have been working on my new purse from hell, and I am finishing up work for my former employer. So with all that it means I have less time to blog. So D played basketball at the local high school last Thursday and fell into a bleacher and fractured his rib. What that means is that he is/was in a lot of pain and they can not do anything about it. Finally on Monday he was in lots and lots of pain and could not concentrate so he went to the urgent care and they gave him some pain medication, Tramadol. He took it for a couple days and then on Wednesday started throwing up, was nauseated and had the cold sweats and it took him 12 hours to recover. We do not know what caused his severe upset stomach/nausea. It could have been the pain medication he was taking or it could have been a bug. Anyway, he is feeling much better and will not continue to take his pain meds in case that was the cause. He said he was in Hell on Wednesday so he does not want to take the chance. Mallory and Nathan both have ear infections and are on Amoxicillin. They are both doing well and seem to be feeling better.

My purse from hell, is a Mini Miranda Bag from Lazy Girl Designs. I love the purse and I am excited for it to be done but it has taken me forever. I think it has taken me so long because I am making two bags from the same fabric so that adds on extra time; secondly, the outside fabric is quilted so that took some time and lastly there are a lot of steps to this purse. I started it this weekend when D's mom had the kids. So I had lots of time and I have probably put in at least 20 hours into making this purse, hence the name Purse from Hell. I am almost done, all I have to do is to put on the straps and the flap closure. So when I am done I will have two identical purses of which I will use one and either try to sell the other or give it to someone. When I get done I will post pictures. I am hoping to get it done by this weekend.

That is about it for now. I better go since the kids are throwing toys up into the air. I thought I would write a short post now but the kids are taking advantage of the free time so I better go.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-I am glad I did not get sick (knock on wood)
-I am glad that D is feeling better, it is no fun seeing your spouse in pain
-having a weekend to ourselves
-getting a good gym parking spot on an extremely cold day with two kids
-getting into spinning class, I have tried to get into this class the past two Fridays, only to arrive minutes too late to get a card and hauling two kids with me.

No comments: