Friday, February 13, 2009

We are back

We just got back from visiting Penn State University in Pennsylvania, hence the name Penn State. Home to the Nittany Lions and Joe Paterno. It was a great visit. The city is a very cute college town in a valley between two mountain ranges. We stayed on campus so I got to do a lot of walking around and visiting the campus. Most of the buildings had slate roofs and most of the architectural was very pretty and traditional. I was going to take pictures but the second day we were there the wind was very strong and I was did not think that taking pictures was the best idea. I pretty much staying in the hotel room sewing the girls some dolls, I took a few walks, ran and watch senseless TV. D and I got to go out to dinner the first night and then we ate dinner with his coworkers the second night.

We missed all the excitement at our house on Thursday night. We called around 5:00 pm. and we heard a man's voice and asked D's mom who it was and she said it was my friend's husband. So he got on the phone saying that D's mom had called him because there was an animal in the house. D's mom had not really gotten a good look at the animal and thought it was a lizard or a toad. So she called him and asked our neighbor to come over to help them get it out of the house. So the two men came over and the animal ran up the stairs and into Julianne room. It ended up being a chipmunk. They were able to capture it and release it down the road. I guess the kids were hysterical and really upset. I guess Nathan was the one that spotted it and showed D's mom. D's mom, aka Mimi, said that Nathan was really upset and his checks were so red from being upset. Additionally, the girls were so upset that night that they slept in our room and Mimi slept in Julianne's room and Mimi's sister slept in Mallory's room. So anyway, it is a really funny story and I am actually sorry that I was not there. I do remember kind of hearing something in the fireplace a couple of days ago so it may have gotten in there. We still don't really know how it got into the house. I thought that the boys would have tried to capture it or at least smelled it but I guess they were oblivious to the fact that there was another creature in our house. They laid in their bed the entire time the action was going on. I guess that is what we get for buying lap dogs.

I finally finished my purse's from hell, so I am no longer going to call them that I will just call them my new purses. They turned out really well and I am actually pretty pleased with them. I am pretty hard on myself when it comes to making things and rarely say that my work is great but these are pretty nice. The outside is quilted, there are inside pockets, a Velcro closure, a bottom support and I love the springy fabric. I think I owe most of the credit to my new "walking foot" that I bought for my sewing machine. It keeps the fabric together and just is flawless in sewing two pieces of fabric together. So that helped keep the corners square and fitted and it helped me quilt the front panel.

Photobucket
Photobucket
While in Penn State I got onto the Internet with our laptop which also has a lot of our older pictures.  So I uploaded some pictures and here are some of my favorites.
Photobucket
I don't remember how old Nathan is in this picture but he is younger than 6 months since it was taken in Tennessee

Photobucket
This one is before Nathan was born

Photobucket
This is Mallory and I see some resemblance to Nathan
Photobucket
Here is Mallory in that snowsuit that I just posted a few weeks ago where Nathan was in it.
Photobucket
Mallory at a gymnastics party in Tennessee. She must be around two.
Photobucket
Mallory in her Halloween outfit. She is 2.5 years old and reminded me of ET.
Photobucket
Julianne and Mallory around Christmas time in Tennessee. Look at Julianne's poor face and Mallory did not have any hair.
Photobucket
Mallory getting dirty with paint.

I had two other pictures that I was uploading at that time of Julianne and it did not complete so I will have to do it another time.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-getting away with my husband
-being able to travel to a new place I have never been
-enjoying time to myself
-being excited to see my kids
-knowing that they were in good hands while we were away
-having great friends to help out while we were gone, Thanks Jess, Jill, Monty and Ron
-Having a safe uneventful car ride to Penn State and back

No comments: