Thursday, February 26, 2009

25 Random Things About me...

Well this has been going around Facebook for awhile and I have read many others and I thought it was a great idea however, I do not want my information on Facebook. There are too many random individuals reading that stuff and I knew that since only close friends and family read this blog I felt it was more appropriate to post it here. However, I did enjoy reading others "Random things" on Facebook because I did get to know other friends and acquaintances a little better, but it is not for me. I think it is a good idea to make this list because it gets me thinking about what things I know about myself and to examine my likes, dislikes, interests and hobbies. So here it goes

-I love the idea of a vegetable garden but I do not want to maintain it
-I get very nervous when I travel a far distance from my kids
-I do not enjoy flying and usually end up thinking about what could or could not happen during take off/landing/and while in the air
-I like lots of snow and I like when it stays around for awhile
-I actually like to exercises and I like knowing that my muscles are in good shape and are being used on a regular basis
-If my family would cooperate I would cook vegetarian dishes everyday
-I love staying home with my kids, it is such a short time in our lifetimes to spend quality time with them.
-If I could change professional careers and go back to college as a singly young woman I would choose a more family friendlier career like physical therapy, nursing, teacher, photographer, social worker.
-when I have a weekend away from my kids I like sew, watch TV, and spend time with hubby
-My guilty pleasure is watching reality TV
-I love massages but do not like pedicures
-I love jellybeans, skittles, Mike and Ikes, Dove chocolate, Carmel nips and trident gum
-I enjoy cooking and trying new food
-I would like to "flip" an old house
-I love taking pictures of my family
-I dislike when my kids whine and ask for things constantly
-I have never spanked my kids. I am not against it I have just never had to.
-I do miss my part-time Planning job and my co-workers in Knoxville
-I miss my Friday playgroup friends and kids from Knoxville
-My house is never completely clean
-I love using cloth diapers and I wish I would have used them with my two older children
-we may or may not have another child
-I love fixing things around the house. I am a handy woman
-I consider myself a spiritual person whose is constantly striving to become a better person for myself, my family, for our world, and the greater good
-One of my dreams is to run a non-profit child/parent resource center where parents can get help, take classes, talking to others about the challenges of raising children and really trying hard to raise their kids an appropriate way
-My idea of a fun adult night would be to go to a nice restaurant then go and see a comedy show or play card games with another couple

Well I think that is it. I think I actually have 26, but who is counting

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-warmer days
-getting a close parking spot and a spinning pass last Friday (I usually never get into the Friday class)
-Having alone time with Nathan
-our sweet, lovable dogs

2 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

If you open a parent resource center, I'll be your first client! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this! I learned new things about you, and it confirmed others. Hell yes, you're a handy woman! :)

"May or may not," huh??? :)