Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Craft Time

OK so I have made it my mission to get back onto the craft wagon. I did lots of crafts with the kids before the holidays and I have not gotten back into it. They always enjoy doing the crafts, it helps them learn new things, I learn new things, I feel like I am actually doing stuff with the kids besides always cleaning up after them and cooking for them, and it keeps their behavior in check since they are occupied. So we started this weekend by dying silk scarfs. I got the idea from here and thought it would be a great activity and then the kids could play with them. The girls love to pretend play with anything and this was no exception. They have used these scarfs as blankets and beds for their Groovy Girls and Nathan has taken some interest in the scarfs.

So here are pictures from that event. The girls had fun dipping the scarfs in the dye and being in charge of their color.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The colors turned out beautifully. The Kool-Aid did wonders even though it still had food coloring in it and I should have just used food coloring. Oh well.

I also finally took pictures of the two dolls that I made for the girls while I was in Penn State with hubby. It took me about 10 hours to make both of these dolls. I enlarged the pattern by 50 percent so that these are bigger then the dolls I made during Christmas time. They turned out really cute and I may try to adapt the pattern for a boy doll for Nathan. The girls picked out their own fabric. Mallory chose the bright pink/blue one and Julianne wanted the yellow/pink fabric.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Additionally here is a picture of my birthday pillows my friend from Tennessee made for me. The are so adorable and I love the three fabrics together. Thanks again Katie.
Photobucket

Nathan is sick again. He started getting a fever on Monday so I filled his antibiotics prescription the doctor had given me when I took Mallory in a couple weeks ago. He had been taking antibiotics earlier in the month for an ear infection and ended last Wednesday. So it has been about 4 days and I can tell that it is back. He was sticking his finger in his ear and he has a mild fever. Monday night I went in his room and he was breathing really hard so I gave him a breathing treatment and slept with him so that I could hear his breathing patterns. I gave him another treatment on Tuesday morning and this morning. So this morning he still has a fever of 101.7, I gave him some Tylenol and he took a morning nap. He is still doing some belly breathing and his is coughing a ton so that is what he has going on now.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-good books
-sleeping in my own bed without my wiggly/loud sleeping/hot son (even though I did enjoy sleeping with him but did not really sleep)
-somewhat warmer weather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dolls are really cute! Good job. You gettin to be real creative and talented! It's good to have someone with a reasonably functioning right brain in the family (grandma has a good right brain too). K