Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rain boots

Wow has it been a rainy mess in this area. I think that we had the rainiest April ever and I am not sure were May stands but I am tired of this rain. I am not usually a person that the weather bothers me. I actually like the gloomy Ohio weather because it makes me really appreciate the sun, it holds the heat away, and you do not always have to worry about suntan lotion. But this rain is making our backyard a mess, D can barely mow the back area, and our soon to be patio is not existent because of the weather. Our yard has construction tire tracks in it that are collecting water (and bugs) and it is just a muddy mess back there. Oh well that is life. Having a patio and perfect grass is not going to make me any happier than I already am. It is just a nuisance and something that I can live with in the meantime.

Nathan had to get rid of his giraffe boots so we bought him some turtle rain boots. His giraffe boots had holes in them and no longer served its purpose as rain boots since his feet continually got water logged. So it is onto new boots and he sure does love these boots as much as the others.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Mallory continually wants to hold Lindsay in my Moby wrap. She loves holding her and walking around with her.
Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
There's a smile.
Photobucket

Pictures of the kids at the duck pond.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Lindsay is almost 3 months old. She is a great sleeper, like Julianne, but we did not have to suffer through the colic crying like we did with Julianne. She slept 12 hours the other night and 11 hours last night. She takes two 3 to 4 hour naps (if we don't have to interrupt it with picking up kids places, etc) and is pretty content when she is awake. When she gets grumpy, which is usually about 1 to 2 hours after she is up we put her back to sleep. Sleeping on her stomach is the way to go and the fact that she has found her thumb makes her sleep even sounder. That pretty much keeps her content. I was so nervous when I first put her on her belly two months ago. There is such a stigma and apprehension about putting the babies on their belly's. I wish they would publish more studies about SIDS and if the babies had some underlying sickness, where covered in pillows, had parents that smoked or other risk factors, what percent of baby's that die from SIDS were on their backs, etc. It seems like having more information would help moms not feel so guilty if they do put their babies on their stomachs. Of course it would be devastating if it happened to any baby but how many babies does it happen to that are sleeping in their cribs without pillows and/or blankets around their face and are well babies sleeping on their stomachs versus well babies sleeping on their backs. Would it have happened anyway regardless of their sleeping positions, etc. If I remember I will ask my pediatrician about this because putting your baby on its stomach puts so much fear into moms but they sleep so much better in that position. Plus when I was a baby that was what everyone did. Anyway, I vented, Lindsay is a great baby. She smiles, coos, poops, pees and sleeps. That is about it.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-A sleeping/happy baby
-A well rested mom
-Getting back to a routine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking about the "sleeping on the belly" idea. I never bought into that stuff either. There are other factors to consider. One thing I thought of was keeping the crib sheet as clean and product free as possible. That way they aren't breathing in chemicals as much. Anyway, you three kids did fine sleeping on your belly's.
K