Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mallory's Birthday

Well today is officially Mallory's birthday. We had a supper birthday weekend where we had her friend party and our family party. It was a great weekend and I know that she had fun. Mallory is such a sweet 7 year old. She is sensitive, confident, loves school, a great friend and most of all is content. She loves to learn at school and is always eager to do her homework. She can sometimes be a little deceiving when it comes to playing with Nathan and getting her way. I can't believe she is 7 and I watching her grow up.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We had a little 1st grade drama and fighting so D had to intervene and have some group therapy for the kids.
Photobucket
I love when Nathan sits like this. Too bad we can't do that anymore. It looks really painful.

Julianne is really becoming a great soccer player. I love watching her. At her last game she scored a goal and was ecstatic about it. The coach has her playing goalie two out of three games and that has been a challenge again. He had her playing goalie every game last year and she started to not like playing. We talked to him and he stopped putting her in the goalie position. We really wanted her to get to play all positions since she was only in third grade and did not feel the need to specialize the kids at this age. So he stopped and then the last few games has put her in. There are now three goalies so at least she is not in it every game but still there are so many other players that have never played goalie that we do not understand why he does not try them in the position. He says that she is strong enough and versatile to play all the positions and that is why he puts her in that position. So we will have to figure out what to do next year. The last thing that I want is for her to not like it because she is stuck in a position that she hates. We agree that it is a team sport and that if she is good in that position that she should have to play it when her team needs her but it does not need to be every game at her age.

This is a sequence of pictures of her making a goal!
Photobucket
She brings the ball in..
Photobucket
she shoots...
Photobucket
it bounces off the goalie's hands and she scores.
Photobucket
She claps for herself.
Photobucket
The team high fives and good job, etc.

We had our first garage sale last weekend. It was a success. I made $150 in two days so that was worth my time. I was kind of surprised that I did not sell more of Nathan's clothes. I had so many great clothes that I would have probably given to some mom that needed them. Oh well, I ended up giving all the rest of the stuff away and it is great to start declutter our basement clothes.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-getting rid of stuff in our house.
-Watching Mallory with her friends
-Seeing Julianne progress in soccer and loving the sport

No comments: