Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Officially irritated

OK so I am officially irritated. It is currently 12:55 am. on Wednesday morning and my restless leg(s) are driving me nuts. I went to bed around 11 and it is still bugging me. I walked around about a half an hour ago and it is still with me. I am irritated and mad because I sat on the couch with D from about 8 to 10 and nothing happened. Even when I was reading my book before bed I thought that maybe it would not happen tonight but it did. I am going to work tomorrow and that is never fun because being tired at work and looking at a computer screen or going to a meeting is not a good mix. It is similar to my lack of long distance driving abiliities, doing something monotonous is not good and I have a tendency to get very sleepy. Not because I am not interested or lack motivation it is simply a trance that seems to overcome me and when I have to stay still, read or stare at something for a long time I get very sleepy. It has always been like that. So when I have lots of interrupted sleep over several nights before I have to go to work makes me mad because it becomes a struggle for me to stay focused and not get over sleepy at work. I actually had a few days last week where the restless leg did not bother me as much. I don't know why but it just did, I keep trying to find the perfect solution for when it does and does not occur but it is still a mystery.

The house addition is going along smoothly. The hardwood floors are in the upstairs and the tile person is working this week. I think that the goal is to get tile in this week and have the hardwood floors finished next week, and final painting details the next week. So that would put us in our new master bedroom the last week in February. Which would be great for the baby since we really don't have much room in our current reduced room now for even a pack-n-play. I think then they will move onto the downstairs and finish that space. So they are really working hard and I hope that the timeline stays on schedule.

I went to my first chiropractor visit last week. I made an appointment mostly because I my friend in Knoxville has somewhat fussy babies and she took her daughter to a chiropractor during her first few months and noticed that she was relaxed more after the visit. She still does not know if it helped or not but I thought it cannot hurt if our baby is the same way why not try it. So I made an appointment because I wanted to get to know the doctor first then see if I wanted to take our baby. So I don't really have any uncomfortable body complaints about this pregnancy, except for the restless leg, but the front of my pelvis constantly hurts. I just started hurting the last month and with my other pregnancy's during the end of the pregnancy. It just feels like the baby is sitting on my pelvic bone where the come together in the front. So it hurts when I lay down, sit, walk, etc. I don't know what arthritis feels like but this may be it. When you press on the bones it feels bruised. So anyway, it is tolerable but sometimes I end up taking Tylenol because it is so constant that it starts to annoy me as well. Anyway, so I went on Tuesday and he said one of my hips was higher the the other and he adjusted that. I went back on Thursday and he did the same thing and then cracked my entire spine. Well I did not really feel any better until Friday and especially on Saturday. I did not feel the constant pain at all. It was actually nice. Well it kind of came back Sunday and Monday and today I went swimming and it felt better but is back tonight. So I don't know if I will go back or not. I think it might have helped but how many times do I have to go? It is kind of a chaotic practice with a lot of people getting adjusted at once so I did not get a chance to talk to him so we will see. I would much rather "cure" my restless leg than my pelvic pain. Like I said it is constant but I can ignore it.

Well those are my gripes for today. I am going to try to go to sleep again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pelvic pain is probably stressed ligaments from baby pressure. Try taking advil or aleve instead of tylenol. They are antinflamatories that help with irritations better than tylenol. K