Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back from NYC

D and I had a great time in NYC. It was a mini vacation for us for our birthday's and we enjoyed every minute of it. Our first flight on Friday was canceled so we had to leave about 3 hours later. We got to our hotel about 4 and we relaxed and enjoyed our alone time. We finally set out for dinner. We walked around and found a great place to eat. It was neat because it kind of looked like a mobster place. The food was cooked downstairs, I guess to save space, but the basement looked like it might have secret doors and hideaways. But we had fun and enjoyed the different atmosphere. Saturday we slept in then got out and walked around. We went to St. Patricks Cathedral. It was simply amazing. I loved all the detail and craftsmanship put into that church. It would have been great to be alive when the church was constructed. I also would have loved to get an official tour to learn more about the history. We went to Rockefeller plaza and saw where the Today Show is and the skating rink. We then walked to Times Square. It was amazing to see all the people and all the TV screens. Very overwhelming and chaotic at the same time. It was neat to see but great to get away from all the action as well. We found a place to eat lunch and to warm up. It was really cold while we were there but it did not stop us. In the afternoon we walked in central park. It was amazing how quiet it was and it truly was very pretty with the snow and the carriage rides. It would have been great to run together through the park but we did not have that option since it was snowy and icy and I am very pregnant. It was great top walk through the park and that was my favorite part. That night we went to a great Italian restaurant and then saw Chicago. It was a great show and our seats were great. We were in the third row from the front and we were able to experience the show fully. We unfortunately had to leave early Sunday morning so we did not get to experience much more. We agreed that we need to go back a couple more times to enjoy more parts of NYC. I wish I brought my camera, but I did not want to take my large camera. So I do not have any pictures but we still have the memories.

It was great to get back to the kids. Julianne started basketball lessons with the local university. She had a great time and ended up being the other child so she basically got a one on one coaching lesson. So that was great.

The next day we celebrated D's birthday with a homemade cake and lots of singing.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Some sledding pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sledding ice burn.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: