Well we are officially back from spring break. We had a great time and it is good to be back. We arrived in Salt Lake City at 1:00 am. their time which was 3:00 a.m our time on Monday morning. We gave the kids a little melatonin for the plane ride so that they would get some sort of sleep. Mallory and Nathan went right to sleep but Julianne was a little reluctant to succumb to the additional melatonin in her body. We got up early the next morning to get the girls ski's and get them off to ski school. They actually did quite well with their sleep deprived bodies. We did not have too many breakdowns. They had a lot of fun at school and learned a lot. Mallory seemed to progress the most especially since last year. Last year she had a hard time with maintaining the pizza wedge. I think mostly because she did not have enough strength to stop suddenly. On Wednesday we skied with the girls all day. Mallory loved to ski straight down the hill in her wedge and then complain that her legs were sore. She finally did turns and it seemed to help her speed and her legs. However, she was not afraid of going fast and it did not seem to phase her on the winding green runs. It did phase me. I was afraid that she would not be able to stop and would fly over the edge of the mountain. Julianne had a great time and also progressed as well. She challenged herself to go on the blue slopes and had great form and control. It was great to ski with D and our family. We had time to ourselves and time with my family. It was great to be out of Ohio and be out of our house with the kids.
Mallory had strep throat at the beginning of the month and then she had it again on Saturday before we left. I was unsure if it was coming back so I was a little hesitant about taking her to the local pharmacy clinic but the test did come back positive. So I was glad that I did take her so that we would not recreate last years Spring Break strep throat incident with Julianne. They put her on a strong antibiotic (I think they call it a Z pack). So hopefully that will stop the bug from coming back.
Nathan escaped March without a strong asthma episode. Before we left for spring break he had a runny nose and lots of coughing but it never progressed further than that. So that is great.
This week is busy with taxes to do and a plan to finish for work. I have been working non-stop on both of those tasks, as well as unpacking and doing the usual housekeeping/child raising tasks. I am blaming those extra things for my lack of blog entries. Sometimes when I don't write for awhile I become overwhelmed and do not know where to begin. So I guess I have also put it off. I know other noteworthy occasions occurred but I cannot think of them right now.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-taking a spring break vacation
-seeing my girls ski
-spending quality time with D and my family
-having great trustworthy neighbors take care of our house and dogs
No comments:
Post a Comment