We had a great weekend. On Saturday we went with my sister to her country club for an Easter brunch and hunt. The cousins had time playing with each other and the girls had a fun time hunting Easter eggs. I had a little delimma with Nathan that was funny and also very frustrating. I had to get him "dressed up" which entailed a short sleeve button down shirt and khaki pants. Forty minutes before we left I told him that we needed to get him dressed. He said he did not want to wear that outfit and I told him that I was sorry that he did not want to wear it but that we were going to put it on him. He said he did not want to wear it and I told him that he could spend time in his room until he was ready to put on his outfit. Five to ten minutes later he came back and asked me if he could get out of his room and I told him that he could not come out until he was ready to get dressed. He continued to be stubborn and would not allow me to get him dressed. So about 30 minutes later we had to leave so I told him that I was getting him dressed weather he liked it or not. Well I ended up forcing him to get dressed while he was screaming. He is one strong three year old. He was kicking and screaming and making a big deal out of nothing. Julianne was in our neighbors driveway and she said that she could hear Nathan screaming all the way to their house. I was so frustrated with him. He drove me nuts. We never make him get dressed and it just frustrated me that he did not understand that we were putting the clothes on weather he liked it or not and that he just needed to deal with it in a better way. Oh well that is my perspective. His stubborn perspective is that he did not want to wear the outfit that I picked out for him and he did not understand why I wanted him to wear it. So now I can laugh at his stubbornness and strong willed personality but at the time it was very frustrating. It took him awhile for him to relax and enjoy himself.
On Sunday D's mom and stepdad came over for brunch and egg hunting. We had a great time and we enjoyed their company on this holiday. The kids had fun hunting for the eggs. We grilled out that night and went to the park. So it was a nice family filled day. I love those days.

This is the doll I made for Lexee from my brother's baby lovey. It turned out really well. The blanket was so thin that I had to put fusible interfacing on all the fabric so that it would hold up to stitches and stuffing.

Here are all the cousins. Note that Nathan was not in this picture. He was still being stubborn from his outfit fiasco.

The girls had their face painted and the lady did an excellent job. We were sad that we had to take the face painting off at night.

This was our family picture. None of the kids were participating well. They were all off and not really looking at me all at once. So I never really got a great picture.



Julianne's competitive spirit came out as she ran to look for the most eggs.

Nathan was running all over the place and loving looking for Easter eggs.


D's cute butt.

I love Julianne's face in this picture.

Mallory was supper sweet and she gave Nathan a couple eggs since she had more than he did.

Here is Mallory skiing. I forgot my camera so my sister took these pictures.

Here is another one of Mallory and cousin Caitlyn.

Here is all the girls.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-great weather days
-family fun filled days
-Mallory (Julianne also shared later) sharing her Easter eggs with Nathan
-Spending quality time with D
No comments:
Post a Comment