Friday, November 13, 2009

I forgot my purse

I forgot to post pictures of Mallory's purse that I made her last week. This is the same pattern that I made for Julianne's purse and Mallory has been bugging me to make her one since I made one for Julianne. Actually the correction to that story is that I made the purse for me but decided that I did not like it and gave it to Julianne. So now I am making one for Mallory and one for her cousins as a Christmas present. I am very happy with the way it turned out. Doing a pattern for a second time is like riding a bike when you have been off of it for while. It was smooth sailing with a little bumps but not as hard as the first time. I have been a little distraught lately because I have not made anything since I made my quilt and my mother-in-law's ditty bags for the veterans. It has been a combination of being too busy with work, D not being home as much and the related lack of free time and my lack of waiting to get the machine out every evening. So with three factors I set up shop in my dining room table. So now the table has my computer and my sewing machine on it. The table used to be exclusively for the kids and their crafts/drawing but I am tried of the kids stuff taking over my stuff. So I put their stuff away and set up my sewing shop. Now I don't have the lingering negativity of thinking that I need to get everything out for an hour of work and then put it back away. Additionally it is in my face more and calling my name to be used. So hopefully that will help my "I don't get to work on stuff for myself" attitude with our changes in D's job and my increased "working outside the home" duties. My next project is making Christmas gifts for family members and hopefully gifts for my friend that is going to have another baby any day now. So I have to get plugging away in order to not make these tasks not seem too daunting.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I like this purse much better than the one Julianne has (shush don't tell her or she will be begging Mallory to trade her or she will never play with her or sleep in her room again). It is sturdier and the fabrics are more stylish. This is actually leftover fabric from Mallory's dress so that was extra nice not to have to buy new fabric (especially since my fabric stash is enormous).

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-making homemade items/gifts
-having a sewing machine
-coming home to my family

No comments: