Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy 8th B-day to Julianne

Well Julianne officially turned 8 on the tenth of this month. I can not believe that she is 8 years old. First of all, it seems like she is just growing up way to fast. Additinally, if she is 8 than that means that I am also getting older; which I am. So it sounds wired to say I have an eight year old. Oh well. She had a great day. Another girl in her class also turned 8 on the same day, which is wired becasue this girl is the daughter of Mallory's teacher. So anyway, small world. So she took in cupcakes and shared them at lunch with the other birthday girl. Then that evening she opened her presents from us and we decided to go out to eat on Friday since D had to work late. On Friday we took her to Dave and Busters and had a great birthday meal with tons to games and tickets. Sunday we had the family over and had a great night with cake and presents. One of Julianne's friends had a Barbie cake kit that I attempted to make. It turned out pretty good. I let the kids decorate it and they had fun doing that. Then you basically stick the Barbie head into the cake. So it was not very hard. Her friend birthday party is next weekend so I will share pictures from that next weekend.

Photobucket
Julianne got this cute bag and book from Gigi.
Photobucket
She recieved 4 Webkinz from Nana.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She recived a dog and a little groovy girl from Mallory, a jewerly making set and a game from me and D got her an outfit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nathan was oppsessed with the camera.
Photobucket
Yikes.
Photobucket
I'm fine.
Photobucket
Oh and there is a crowd watching me.
Photobucket
I've got it all under control.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is what she blew out on her birthdate. I made cupcakes for her b-day and for her friend birthday party.
Photobucket
This is the beautiful Barbie cake that we made and decorated.
Photobucket
Love the tongue.
Photobucket
Love the Barbie!!!
Photobucket
She wanted to lick the Barbie. The adult men got a kick out of that. I will not elaborate on that issue. We have it on tape.

She recived some really cool gifts. A bag that you decorate from Aunt Eliza and Uncle Wes, a print screen tool for shirts from counsins Caitlyn, Andrew, and Jacob. Grandma and Grandpa bought clothes and shoes for her. Her favorite gift of all is her new DS from Mimi and Roger. Aunt Crystal and Brian already gave her a decorated box full of writing paper and pens so that they could write each other.

So it was a great week. Mallory is going very well in school. Julianne starts soccer this week so I will be intersted to see how that goes. Nathan starts school this week also so I need to get him ready for it. That is about it.

I also started work this week. The first day was the usual human resource talks and procedures. I watched videos on the history of the company, fire safety, sexual harrasment. That afternoon I recieved my computer and got it all set up and tried to figure out my e-mail and the network. Friday I met with the environmental engineer and talked to him for a long time about what he is doing and what he wants to see done. Additionally, in the afternoon we toured the plant and looked at all the trash and recycling bins and talked about all the stuff he deals with in the plant. So next week is a busy week with all the managers coming in so I will be attending some meetings and dinners and then I will begin meeting with departments starting next Friday. So we will see how it goes.

Nathan was bit by a bug or spider earlier this week and his cheek was very swelled up and hard. It was so cute becasue he kind of looked like a chipmunk. So I tired to captuer it in these pictures but could not really capture the breath of the swelling. I always swell up a lot from bug/spider/bee stings and I think his allergies do not help in these situations also.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing how excited Mallory was for Julianne to open her presents. They hearing her say that she "knew that Julianne would be excited about her gifts since she knows what she likes."
-Having an 8 year old daughter
-Starting to use my brain again at work.
-not having to use the air conditionar for the past two weeks. Great cool nights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pics, like the one with Nathan falling off the bike!!! Cute. K

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Ok, so the pic of Julianne licking the Barbie cracks me up...or should I say the idea of grown men finding something well, you know, about it, cracks me up.
I heard back from S&S about the thing I told you about...let's talk soon!