Monday, May 11, 2009

The doll house

I was suppose to post on Sunday but my computer Internet was not working so I was not able to work on it last night. So our week was a great week. The doll house came on Monday and the kids were so excited. They love it and I love having it in our house. My grandmother and late grandfather built it and decorated the house after Julianne was born. They have had it at their house for the past 7 years and we finally got it here. The detail on the house is amazing and my grandmother's decorating is also very detailed. We are so lucky to have this house in our house and we will keep it for our grandchildren. They constructed a Victorian Era house because that is the type of house that I would love to own. So here are the pictures. The pictures do not do it justice since we had to put in our basement so I had to take these shots in the basement under ugly florescent lighting and concrete walls.
Photobucket
Here are the girls opening the boxes of furniture
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here is the front
Photobucket
The top porch
Photobucket
The bottom porch and front door
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dining room. Don't you love the furniture and the chandelier
Photobucket
Here is the kitchen. It is hard to get to the kitchen from the side opening so it was hard to take this pictures.
Photobucket
Living room
Photobucket
A bedroom. Notice the curtains.
Photobucket
The master bedroom. Notice the bathroom fixtures like the tub and sink.
Photobucket
Photobucket
These two pictures are of the upstairs bedroom/playroom. I love the ceilings.

Well that is our new heirloom dollhouse. The girls love it. Nathan could really care less about it but I am sure when he gets older the girls will make him play with it with them. That is probably the best thing now since we do not want him to break it.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Having the doll house in our house. It reminds me of my grandmother and my late grandfather.
-seeing the girls enjoy the craftsmanship of the house and telling their friends to be careful with it.
-Great weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the dollhouse made in one piece ok. Glad you were able to get it to your house while the kids are young enough to play with it. K