Sunday, May 3, 2009

Toy cleaning weekend

Julianne threw up on Friday morning so we keep her home Friday morning from school. She ended up not really being sick. She threw up twice on Wednesday night, was fine the next day then Friday morning, early morning, she threw up again in her bed. She was fine by 9:00 am so I sent her to school. I don't really know what was going on. She was worried about making up her Fairy Tale story at school and she had makeup work to do on an animal research project so I do not know if she was stressing herself out or just had some wired food. Anyway she was fine but my point is that I did not go to spinning on Friday like I usually do and had the entire morning at home with the kids. This meant that I was able to de-clutter and get rid of a ton of toys. I got rid of most of the toys from the basement. I got rid of a ton of Little People sets, some old groovy girls, books, old naked barbies and some outside toys. I gave them all to Goodwill and it feels great.

We are actually cleaning because Grandma's dollhouse is coming on Monday. We are so excited to have it in our house and I am excited to see it again. It has been several years since we have seen this homemade house that my grandmother and grandfather made for Julianne. When it gets here I will take plenty pictures of it so that you all can see the handiwork, detail, energy and love that was put into this precious gift.

On Saturday we were greeted by the Goodyear Blimp flying over our house. There was a regatta this weekend at the Scioto River which is only about a mile away from our house and the blimp was flying over the event. Nathan loved watching it circle our house. He also loves finding sticks and other pointy features and making gun sounds out of them. He puts it right over his chest and says "ch". It is hilarious and it I love his scrunched up face. I was finally able to capture this moment in these pictures. This first picture is his face as he is saying "ch".

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Some water fun
Photobucket

Mallory had her preschool performance and graduation on Thursday. She got to sing on stage and really enjoyed it. She tried to remember the songs before the recital but could not remember them. I took some pictures but they did not turn out. My friend, who is a professional photographer, took some pictures so when he sends them to me I will post them. She still has school for a couple more weeks so she is not done with school it was just a early graduation.

Photobucket

Nathan has had another minor asthma episode. I think that his allergy episodes are minor compared to his asthma episodes triggered by colds/viruses. He had a dry cough on Friday and then on Saturday he was breathing harder and had a temperature of 100 and then today he is coughing a lot more and coughing mucus up and breathing normally. I never gave him a treatment because he was not breathing very hard. It was only really when he was running that he was breathing extra hard. So we will see. His last episode was March 30th. An this one was May 1st so technically he did not have an episode last month. Which would be the first month he has not had an asthma episode since his first one last October. His arms are breaking out in eczema again like they did last spring and his legs are also breaking out more. He also has a rash on his belly which I am not really sure what it is. It does not itch so it is probably just something unrelated but it does seem wired.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing a deer on my Friday morning run
-reorganizing our toys
-having a great weekend

No comments: