Well on Thursday I started preparing our house for the upcoming summer weather. It was cold and rainy at the beginning of the week and then by this weekend it was in the 80's. So all the winter clothes have been packed away and I started to get those out. On Thursday Nathan and I went to our local Goodwill store to see what goodies they had and we ended up buying 23 pieces of clothing for only 44 dollars. They were all great clothes. Most of the clothes were either from Old Navy, Gymboree, or the Children's Place. I mostly got Julianne some summer clothes, I got Mallory a few cute skirts, Nathan got three shorts and a shirt and I even bought myself 2 shirts. All the clothes were in great condition and I only had to sew one of Mallory's adjustable waist bands since it was fraying. I should have taken a picture of all the clothes but I forgot to. I also went back to the Goodwill store today after having gone through last years summer clothes and sorted them out for the girls as to what fit and did not fit. The girls have plenty of clothes but I noticed that Nathan did not very many shorts so I bought him 4 new pairs today.
I love shopping at these stores. Like I have said before, it is more about reusing these perfectly conditioned clothes than about the money. Sure it is nice to get great deals but I feel great knowing that I am not buying unnecessary clothes from a department store. If the clothes at the Goodwill/Thrift stores were not good quality or they were all over used I would not buy them but there are great gems in those stores and it is fun to find them and it is even better that they are priced inexpensively and I am not over consuming on new items.
The weekend was great. It was actually too hot and I was getting tired of it by Sunday. I refused to turn the air conditioner on so we suffered through the hot air and it finally cooled off today. This weekend I bought 10 more bags of mulch this weekend and spread that behind our shed. I could have probably used about 2 to 3 more bags to place in the corner but it will have to do for now. I also fixed the screen door on our screened in porch. I bought one of those screen door kits, cut the pieces to length, put them together, put the screen in and it fit perfectly. I love those 1 to 2 hour projects that are challenging, but not too challenging and can be finished in a day. I think the new screen fits tighter and will hopefully not blow off when the wind comes in (that is how the old one broke, it fell out of the door too many times). It will also keep the bugs out and I will not have to keep re catching bees and putting them back outside because the kids are scared of them.
I don't have any pictures today. I know that my camera has some pictures but I can't remember what they are now. I will get them off tomorrow and load them on within the next few days.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-spring temperatures
-D going to yoga with me today
-my lovely kids
-seeing my extended family this weekend
1 comment:
Which Goodwill do you go to?
Post a Comment