Here are some pictures from the Easter Egg hunt in our yard and the girls dresses.

The kids are waiting downstairs while we hide the eggs.




Detail of Julianne's dress.


Mallory insisted on wearing her black tights and I let her since she thought it looked good. Sweet Mallory.


We finally finished our paper mache eggs which took about two weeks to complete since we had put on several layers of the paper mache. The kids had fun making the eggs and it was nice because they were basically free to make so that is nice. Since the girls enjoyed making the paper mache eggs and we used all recycled materials I will try to incorporate more paper mache projects into our craft schedule. It is amazing how many different shapes, animals, etc you can make from paper mache. The options are limitless and allows for lots of creativity.




I had a great idea, I read an idea of shredding colored paper for the Easter baskets grass, but my dilemma was that I did not have any colored paper and I did not want to buy colored paper for this occasion. So I reached into our recycling box and grabbed a some paper and put it in water with food coloring. Ta..da. Colored paper!! I was excited about the idea and the idea of reusing something. The kids did not care and did not even notice the paper and we did not have thrown always any silly Easter egg paper.

Here is the colored paper. I also used blue KUB envelopes so the kids had a good mix of colors in their baskets.
No a side note, Nathan thinks that Mallory's name is "Girls". We have been calling Julianne and Mallory the "girls" ever since Mallory was born. Well we continued that tradition after we had Nathan. After Nathan it was "the girls and Nathan" or "our children". We when would address the girls in front of Nathan we would say, "Nathan why don't you play with the girls", or "Where are the girls", etc. So this past month and as his language has developed I have noticed that when Mallory is just home or we are in the car he will look over at her and say "girls". It is really funny. He can say "Julianne" but he rarely says "Mallory." So we keep trying to talk to him about it but it sure is cute, even though Mallory does not like it.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-Graters Ice Cream. Do I need to say more.
-Having a great Easter with the family.
-Almost fixing our patio door
-Completing the girls dresses on time and feeling happy with how they turned out
2 comments:
Ok, so I loved this post.
LOVE the dresses, you amaze me. Where do you find the time?
The black tights with the dress crack me up. I can remember thinking I had WAY more fashion than my mom and I look back at my grade school and Jr. High pictures and cringe.
"The Girls" = Mallory. Too cute!
The dress are so cute, you did a great job. The pockets are great! K
Post a Comment