The bad news is that we all got the stomach bug this weekend. The good news is that we hopefully will not be sick on our vacation. Mallory started throwing up on Saturday night and pretty much did it all night. I threw up Sunday morning, Julianne started throwing up late Sunday morning and Nathan threw up once in the afternoon. So I am feeling a ton better today and I hate having the stomach. I guess that no one really likes it but it just reminds me of when I was little and I would get it every year. Nathan is doing well today. I thought for sure he would throw up again but he did not. I put towels on his bed, took away his stuffed animals and did all the throw up proofing I could to his bed and sure enough he did not throw up. He does however, have terrible diarrhea. He poops like every hour and it is from his antibiotics. Julianne is feeling better today. She just told me an hour ago that she was feeling better and she wanted to go to school and not stay in this "boring house all day". So my neighbor took her to school. Mallory is not doing as well. She is struggling to eat and still looks ghostly white. She had a bite of soup this morning and maybe a bite of bagel but that is all.
I am glad that this is happening now since the last time we went on a family vacation was in December of 2005. We all got sick and it was an exhausting vacation. Two nights before we flew to Utah Julianne had the stomach bug and threw up the entire night. So we thought we were in the clear but the night that we flew into Utah Mallory threw up the entire night and then the next night I got it and then the next day D had it. It was the worst stomach bug I have had in a long time. I my entire system was all off kilter. D never threw up but had the other stomach issues and he fainted in the bathroom while he was at the sink. We also got my brother sick and I felt really bad. It was a fun time despite our sickness. We got to ski several days and the kids still enjoyed themselves. So I don't want to relive that so I am glad that we are getting now and the changes of us getting next week are very slim.
Things I a grateful/thankful for:
-how good you feel after not having the urge to throw up
-having a washer and dryer to clean dirty smelly thrown up on sheets, towels, etc.
-Liking food again
No comments:
Post a Comment