Friday, March 20, 2009
My strange symptoms
Okay so I had the stomach virus last weekend. Monday I felt better and then Monday night my stomach hurt again. I went to bed and then woke up with a sore throat. So I went to the urgent care since Mallory had strep throat and it felt similar to the strep throat I had last fall and I wanted to get on medication as soon as possible for our trip. Well I did not have strep throat and he gave me a prescription for antibiotics in case it gets worse. Well it felt the same as on Monday and he said to take the medicine if it got worse. On Wednesday night after the kids went to bed I started sneezing and getting a runny nose. It was within an hour where I was sneezing constantly and blowing my nose like a mad woman. I took some benedryl and went to bed. I woke up the next morning and my face was a little puffy but my runny nose and sneezing stopped. I still had my lingering mild sore throat but that was all. Then last night I went to bed at 11:00 and could not really sleep since I was anxious for our trip and D was out and I knew he would be coming home soon. So he got home at 12:30 ish and I went downstairs and my face was slightly swelled and my throat, not necessarily my tonsils, but my neck was swelled and I had swallowing difficulties. This morning I woke up and my throat felt really wired so I looked into it and my uvula was about three times the it's regular size and it was touching my tough. It was the weirdest feeling. My tonsils were not large just the uvula. I had a hard time swallowing and talking. My eyes were swelled up also. So I went about my day since I really had to and I was not really in any pain it just felt wired. I think the swelling in my uvula went down around lunch time and now right now my neck is swelled up and I have some mild eye pressure. My uvula is still a little swollen but it is alright. I took my temperature and it is 99 degrees. So I have no idea what is going on. I am unsure if it is a virus or an allergic reaction. The only thing I was doing that night was getting snack bags ready for the girls for their trips. I did open a bag of pistachio nuts and put them in the bag. I did also eat some of the pistachio's last night but I have had pistachio before and have not had this reaction ever. I also took my dust mite covers off of my pillows last weekend and put them on Nathan's pillow so I don't know if taking those off would make a difference. So I really have know idea what is going on. I don't know if I should fill my antibiotics prescription and just start taking in just in case or just see what happens. It is wired and I have never had this happen before. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a virus to me with the fever. But we can acquire allergies anytime during our life as well as be rid of them anytime. What inflammation that starts out due allergy can trigger a viral infection. Like with Nathan, that is why he gets sick. Nana
Post a Comment