1. The seasonal allergens have been eliminated from the air because of the cold weather and the fallen leaves. I checked the seasonal allergies report and it said that since the beginning of November all the allergens, such as mold, grass, tree and weed have been low to no activity. However in October and even the end of October the report showed that mold was high to moderate and throughout the entire summer/spring season one of the allergens has been high to moderate. However, Nathan's legs were also covered in eczema last winter also so who knows if this theory is correct.
2. For the past two weeks I have been mixing into his cereal ground flax seeds. I read online from different sources that flax seeds or other food high is Omega 3s is good for some reason. So adding the flax seeds to his cereal can not hurt him and with his limited diet will help him get those good fats into his diet.
3. For the last few weeks I have been not putting the Aquafor lotion on him and I started putting Cetaphil intense hand cream on his legs. I think I have used this before and not really seen a difference but it is not as greasy and I use it also for my hands.
4. A week, two weeks ago, I put evening primrose oil which contains Gamma-linolenic acids which are a type of fatty acid on his legs. When I was using it two weeks ago I only used it for three or four days straight and I did not see a difference. However, I have read that herbal treatments may take a couple weeks to actually work.
5. He is outgrowing his eczema. I guess that most kids with childhood/infant "grow" out of it. So maybe this is the end of it.
6. His eczema is just not present right now and could come back with vengeance tomorrow. Who knows but I do know that I don't remember him not having it for this long.
About a month ago after researching about allergies/asthma etc. I was reading about reintroducing foods into a child's diet after thinking that they were allergic to it. We think that Nathan was allergic to diary after his first birthday when he broke out in eczema on his face and arms. We had an allergy test in February and he only tested positive for peanuts. The doctor was surprised that that was the other thing he was allergic to. She thought that maybe next year more allergens will show up since he has not been exposed to too many allergens at that time. So we eliminated peanuts and the eczema on his scalp went away. After that he still had it on his arms and face (he had it on his legs during this time also but he always had eczema on his legs ever since he was a little infant, but the eczema on his scalp, arms and face were new after his first birthday) so after reading more that children who were allergic to peanuts were also highly linked to being allergic to milk, soy, eggs and tree nuts. So in March we eliminated diary and his eczema on his face and arms went away. After that he only had the eczema on his legs. Since March he has been on rice milk and little bits of cheese here and there. So this week I wanted to retest him to see if he still had that reaction since it did not show up on his allergy test. So for nothing has showed up. So we will see. It will be nice to have him back on milk since everyone has milk and plus what is "rice milk" anyways. It just sounds wired and not as whole some as good old fashion milk. We will not have him tested again until February so it will be interesting to see if any more allergens show up positive on his test.
To stick with the first snow theme we made pictures and painted them with shimmer (which is actually Epsom salt and water). The pictures turned out well. You can really see the shimmer or fake snow on them. It looks like crystals.




I have finished my crayon holders and I really like the way they turned out. they are very cute and compact and hopefully the girls will use them. I am saving them for Christmas and will probably make some for their cousins.


Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-getting the second to last spinning pass when I only had my spinning shoes on and the two kids (I was glad that I could work out and not have to go home because I could not get into the spinning class).
-Hearing Nathan's speaking progression
-having a break from thinking about how I can help Nathan's eczema
-watching Mallory play with her dolls (they are getting married and having babies right now)
No comments:
Post a Comment