I am just unmotivated to write anything. Nothing much is happening and I have not really taken any pictures. I took pictures of my friends kids, a friend of mine and my own kids for some holiday cards. I do love my friends pictures but I am not as thrilled with my kids pictures. I am sure it will turn out wonderfully, but we are our greatest critic.
The girls soccer is over so that has been nice to have some more free time. I am getting started on shopping and organizing for the holidays. One thing I dread is composing our calender and Christmas card. It is just time consuming and I feel like my time is so limited. I am also against the entire Christmas card giving. What do we really do with them after the Holidays? I actually do keep the picture cards and put them in my yearly folder to keep but the others I shamefully recycle or give away. It is nice to see pictures of everyone else's families that I do not see all the time so I guess that is the point of sending them. I am sure others feel the same way but enjoy seeing our family. It would be nice if we all decided to not send cards and instead send a holiday e-mail or some other way to share our family updates besides buying 80 cards and stamps. I just dread when the first cards come and it reminds me that I have to get started on the entire process. Usually mine are the last to go out so I am trying to be more proactive this year.
I am also working on a quilt for Mallory which if it was my choice I would spend all my time on but with all the other things going on I have to divide and conquer.
We have started renovating our house so we now have a large mud hole in our back yard where our screeened in porch used to be. They are pouring the foundation for the crawlspace this week and the next. So when I get those pictures up I will share them on the blog.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-using my limited "me" time to work on a quilt
-giving thanks to everyone who is supportive and responsive in my life.
-The kids giving me 10 minutes to blog while they are coloring at the kitchen table.
2 comments:
I quit sending cards out a few years ago. No guilt trip for me. The email is a great idea, or Facebook even, or both - make sure you get everybody!!!
I forgot to sign the comment above, as if you didn't know!
K
Post a Comment